Skyrim performance - very first scene performance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by lead341, Nov 19, 2011.

1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
  2. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    TweakGuides guy says that he'll have a tweaking guide of Skyrim in a week or so.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I've clocked up about 56 hours on this game so far. I've been playing with maxed out settings at 1920x1200 and 8xAA/16xAF/FXAA on/Object Detail Fade off. I can get anyway between 20 fps and 60 fps depending on the location. Generally the game runs at 45-60 fps for the most part but there's usually at least one spot in each of the major cities where the framerate dips, e.g. Dragonreach, looking down onto Whiterun, and exiting the Underkeep in Markarth (this is the only spot I've seen the game dip below 30 fps to 20 fps). It's never unplayable though as the dips are brief and in areas where I'm only travelling from A to B, never where there is combat.

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Whenever people ask why the PC gamers are complaining, I say, "PC gamers are the biggest cryasses on the face of gaming. Trust me, I am one."

5. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    It's designed with consoles in mind what did anybody expect? Things that are complicated just get passed off to the cpu for software mode. Same with any port that has trouble

6. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    This is exactly what I've been experiencing as well. Although lowering shadows to high seems to help a little.

7. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    There's a million things to get scripted to explode in that scene. There are easily 2-3 times as many objects and NPCs in that scene than any where else in the game.

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    ^ no point, the only places where you'll see lower fps is in crowded areas like cities and unless you make it a habit of picking fights inside cities it'll never effect your gameplay.

edit.

Lol wth?

I just replied to a post by Inklimited where he asked how to adress the memory/cpu limitations of the game and now the post just disappeared?

either a quick ninja or the forum issues some people have been talking about have just manifested for me.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Thanks for the link, I tested the configuration file at the bottom of that post and it definitely makes the game look even better, it did give me a 5ish FPS hit, but the game is still plenty smooth, and looks really nice, the extended meshes tweak really helps with some of the blurrier textures. :) I did get my first crash in 40+ hours about 2 hours after starting it with the tweaked .ini - however I have played over 3 hours since without a problem, which is better than Oblivion as far as stability. :p

10. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    Putting shadows on low with my Machine spec on the side ran everything at about 70+ FPS.

Including Graphics mods, Ini tweaks and more!

But, we shouldn't have to settle for LOW on shadows.

If I remember correctly, there's a patch 2 weeks after Thanksgiving? I think I saw it somewhere on their forums.

11. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Lowest I saw it during that scene was 51fps but that's because am playing it at 1366x768 it mainly stayed at 60fps it's jaggy central but I rather deal with jaggies than low frame rate