SK Hynix To Offer 72-Layer 3D NAND Flash

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    SK Hynix introduced the industry's first 72-Layer 256Gb (Gigabit) 3D (Three-Dimensional) NAND Flash based on its TLC (Triple-Level Cell) arrays and own technologies. The company stacks 1.5 times more...

SK Hynix To Offer 72-Layer 3D NAND Flash

2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    When SSD's first came out, I was really sceptical about reliability and durability.
    SLC was very cost prohibitive for me so I had to wait a few years before I got my Crucial MX100 (MLC). Looking at the tech now, this SSD probably will last more than any of my HDD's did.
    TLC is great to get the cost per Gb down and make SSD's accessible to every device. Even at the cost of some durability, it's a great tech!

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I am still rocking my intel 330 120 gb and literally getting frustrated when i get to work on a pc with out ssd although needs a little bit of carefull management to not overflood your drive .. still i believe a 256 drive for operating system is great and you can get a bigger one for games or what ever you want to use it. Bigger faster and cheper drives are more than welcome looking forward for my system to have hdd's only for real bulky files or none at all!

4. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    Having bought progressively larger SSD's as they've got cheaper I now actually have spares of older ones!

My main PC now has a 500Gb 960 Evo and a 500Gb 850 evo. My HTPC has a 120Gb 850 evo also.

I have 2 x 256Gb Crucial m4's that are currently sat on my desk, don't have any massive need to use them at the moment.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Maybe upgrade old laptops with hdd's or just sell them so you can invest on other components.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Unfortunately the SSD market took a step back recently with the prices jumping some 20%. It's not good considering how small a typical 250GB SSD still is compared to the traditional HDDs' cost/size ratio. Computer programs have hardly been getting smaller at the same time. Especially games have bloated all the time, despite the shift to smaller SSDs.