Sis M760GX VGA-TVOut question.

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by DEyesOnlyA, Apr 6, 2007.

1. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    All righty, I have an Acer Aspire 5000 with built in SIS M760GX with VGA out. And I'm trying to use a VAG male to RCA/S-video female adapter to connect to my TV. Unfortunately I can't seem to get my computer to recognise the adapter, and I can't seem to beable to install a moch monitor that I can transfer over the adapter to.

Any suggestions?

2. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    Big help guys...thanks soo much.

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Before being bitter have you considered that no-one might know about it?
    First of all, which is your adapter?

4. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    Well normally if someone doesn't know about it they say so.

My adapter is a standard male vga to female S-video RCA jack.

[​IMG]

My vga out works with my other monitor, but when I use the adapter I can't get the TV-out driver and settings to work which is part of the SIS program that was designed for the on board integrated SIS M760GX videocard.

5. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Just imagine every member of the forum posting "I don't know" :D
    You are using just an adapter. That adapter is only for graphics cards that support TV out via the VGA connector. Was the adapter supplied with your motherboard? Unless it is stated that the graphics card provides TV-out via the VGA port and not through another connector or an add-on cable on some header, then i don't think this adapter will work. You might want to check on some VGA-TV converter boxes.
    Just noticed that that ACER is a laptop. Most probably there is TV out port somewhere on the laptop.

6. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    Nope no S-vid out or tv out built int, but the VGA according to the user manual that came with it is supposed to support tv out. It just doesn't tell you how to get the TV out to work with the VGA.

7. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Just saw the above in their FAQ and found it a bit strange. A jumper setting for the user to change in a laptop?
    The only other thing i can think about is to use the latest driver. (If you haven't already.)

8. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    I saw that too, but there isn't a jumper that I can see anywhere on it, and my user manual says nothing on it at all. I've tried the other information and it's just not working.

9. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Tried to look some more, but other than getting a break out converter box, i couldn't come up with another idea. The only thing left i think is to actually email SiS or more preferably the laptop's manufacturer and ask their support department.

10. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    Oh yeah, done that too, well emailing Acer, and calling them. In both cases they said they couldn't answer that question.

Sis I'll try.

11. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Always count on the tech support :D

12. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    Ah unfortunately Sis doesn't have one on one tech support. And Acer's tech support has no clue.

13. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Sorry i can't help more. I'm clueless here. Did you try the latest drivers btw?
    You do seem to know what you are doing, and it is a long shot, but can you post screenshots of the drivers?

14. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    I'll see what I can do.

15. jtuente

jtuente New Member

Same thing I tried

I've tried using the same vga-tv cable on my acer with the n760gx. From what I saw on the SiS website, the card only supports tv-out through DVI, which doesn't come with the motherboard that the bridge is on. Unless there's some third party driver that can force tv out through the vga port, we're both SoL

16. jtuente

jtuente New Member

i forgot

I uninstalled the SiS driver and used the windows default. On my TV it ending up showing my computer screen 3 times side-by-side in black and white. There was a bit of static in there too... Not sure what help that will be, but nonetheless I'm putting in my 2 cents.

17. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    So this shows that the TV out is atleast able to pass a signal. what you said jtuente, seems like signal incopatibility. Like the card is giving NTSC and your TV is PAL. (Or the other way around)

18. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    The thing is is that it refuses to do so with mine at all, except when I'm restarting from scratch. The TV-out driver thats supposed to allow tv-out through vga isn't sending the low enough signal through the adapter to my TV. So now I need to find a program that can change the output from 60 hrtz to 30 hrtz for US NTSC.

19. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    isn't NTSC at 60Hz? and Pal at 50? or is it because it is interlaced, so 2*30=60?

20. DEyesOnlyA

DEyesOnlyA Member

GPU:
    SIS M760GX AGP
    Yes it is for NTSC VGA, but NTSC TV is 35, in Britain its 30.