Simplify Skins - Dark & Light Themes

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Neto, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Neto

Neto Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 gaming
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    MSI Afterburner: Dark Theme.

The monitoring screen does not attach ?

CaptaPraelium likes this.
  3. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Often these square designs do not have a button for VF curve, this one does. It's not in the image above but trust me, it's there. Very nice! :)

Oh hey I just noticed a little typo. "On-Scream". Hehehehe
    Honestly I like these skins so much I'll keep using them even if you never fix it :) Thanks!

4. Neto

Neto Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 gaming
    I'm sorry for the mistake, it was not intentional. There really is a lot of work to make full skins!

5. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Please, don't apologise, they're perfect for my needs. Literally an exact colour match to my windows theme, firefox addon themes etc. It's gorgeous! Thanks :)

Edit: hehehe "Redering mode" "framarate" hehehhehee

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  6. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Aww, these don't work with the new RTSS 7.2 beta, the framerate/frametime button glitches out.

It was good while it lasted!

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Skins are backward compatible, there shouldn't be any issues with using this skin other than unablilty to switch between framerate/frametime limit modes (due to new button missing in the skin).
    If you need this skin that badly, I can provide some alternate way of switching between framerate/frametime limit modes, e.g. <Ctrl> + clicking framerate limit edit field or something like that.

8. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Sorry, yes, it does work just fine other than the framerate/frametime label/button.
    To be specific: When applying this skin, it resets the mode to framerate mode and sets the limit to 0 (no limiter), and you must change the limit as needed - but it does work!

Honestly, I do really like the dark skin, but the default one is very good, and I don't often use the limiter, so I don't want to cause any hassle. Obviously I prefer having full functionality, and the dark skin by Neto, but I'm cool with it.
    It would be great if you could add that feature, though! Perhaps later on when you're not too busy :)

I have noticed that Neto is recently active on DeviantArt, adding a bigger version of the original skin, and a newer minimal version of the afterburner skin, so perhaps he will be able to update it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any fuss, I'm just reporting in :)

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's actually a bug, it shouldn't reset anything on a skin change and should keep previously selected limit value and framerate/frametime limit mode.

10. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Thanks so much!

So, when displaying negative values what does happen? Does it show as a fraction, as in, "-1" appears as ".1"? (Given the use of the period in place of the minus sign)
    Taking a quick and wildly uneducated guess, is the minus sign in the same location in the font png? What if you edit the period character which works, does it display as edited?
    I'm asking these questions because I'm wondering just whereabouts the failure exists

tekwarfare likes this.

11. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Hey nice work! Fast too! Plus, you've laid groundwork for other skin devs. Great job man!

12. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3

Thanks so much for updating this!!!

13. Neto

Neto Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 gaming
    CaptaPraelium likes this.
  14. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest