Simple Apps I made

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Cyberdyne, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Just some simple apps I made, figured I would share

MouseFix - - http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hbxuuwxcfgbskc/MouseFix.zip/file
    MouseFix is made in AutoHotKey, it's a standalone app. Run as administrator (use exe compatibility), put in startup folder. It should run as admin automatically but just in case.
    This app helps buggy mice that quickly double click, an issue I find even on NEW mice. Drives me nuts.
    It simply adds a 50 ms delay between mouse clicks of the same button. (Left, right, middle, back, forward)
    It DOESN'T delay you clicking the mouse, that is still instant. Only it starts a 50 ms dead zone after you lift from a mouse button. Pressing multiple mouse buttons also works fine.
    Other apps exist, but they either totally block input with certain windows open ( like Taskmanager, at least on Windows 10), OR the delay is too long (100 ms).
    50 ms is short enough that you can still spam your mouse as fast as you physically can, but quick double clicks still register. At least in my testing.

ProcessLasso-DeSplasher - - http://www.mediafire.com/file/22pu2u815pj081k/ProcessLasso-DeSplasher.zip/file
    This was made in AutoIt, it's a standalone app. This app hides the splash screen that shows on start up with the free version of Process Lasso. Run as administrator (use exe compatibility), put in startup folder. It should run as admin automatically but just in case.
    If this app is considered 'bad' I can remove the link. ProcessLasso is great at making you feel like you can still control Windows 10 without messing with it's files and services.
    But the asking price is a stupid amount, even asking for a subscription model.
    Luckily the free version has everything most people are going to want.
    Unluckily it shows a 10 second splash screen on start up that you are unable to close until the timer is up.
    I don't want windows popping up every time I turn on my PC. So I've simply lassoed Process Lasso and hid it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. jcollake

jcollake Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Hey there Cyberdyne!

ProcessLasso-DeSplasher is fine with me. I'm always happy to have people using and benefiting from my software, paid or not. So lasso that Lasso without remorse!

Note that most Process Lasso Pro licensees are lifetime, not subscription - the cost of a dinner out (for one) lasting for eternity and covering all future updates. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

While free software is plentiful in the world, and I try to make mine as free as possible, unfortunately this creates a situation where developers eventually abandon their projects as they are forced to do things to provide an income. It also creates infrastructure issues like failure to digitally sign. Often, 'free' software resorts to misleading advertisements (e.g. fake download buttons) and/or the dreaded installer bundles.

I like to think I have a good mix of F/OSS and enough paid licensing to justify further time developing and keep a clean infrastructure.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    akbaar and BetA like this.
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I'm glad you're fine with it. And I like the hustle there.

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra