1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Another rant of mine is about city sizes...
    The cities are so small, like a medium sized city in SC4, about 2 square KMs. This is because of the hard simulation done on the CPU by the glassbox engine, ok it get this but...
    I am sure they where smart enough to figure out a way for the game to scan the computer's specs and have different categories of specs, low, medium, high, ultra, and that way the game would choose what city size to use based on the rig it is played on, like on low, the default sqr km, on medium, the large size of SC4 city, 4 sqr km, on high maybe a 5 sqr km city and ultra is reserved for the future ivy bridge-e cpus for ex, and what AMD has in store Steamroller i think, which would be nice to be a whooping 6 sqr km city size!
    it was easy to do! i think my ivy bridge falls in the medium specs and instead of 2 sqr km i would have had 4 to work with!

2. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I saw some videos about SC4, and thing i really didn't liked is limited "block" approach, is that changed in new SC? Never played SC before, but that's why i liked CXL, way bigger area to begin with.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    maybe, but it seems to be the only way forward. sure there'll be issues with server stability early on, but that's the way to go if you want to make money. look at how many d3 players are playing a pirate copy. zero.

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    it appears from this screenshot, that they are still in blocks...

but when we see this image, there is no more city in a block, but you can see the cities borders and the background neighborhood so i dont know what to say

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yeah it's still block based, smaller blocks even, but with more connectivity between cities.

6. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Enjoyed the hell out of the beta, but I don't want to buy it with the ****ty DRM and the small city sizes put me off.

I'm undecided on whether to buy it

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah but can't you have multiple cities and connect them together? I'd rather manage smaller cities and have them feed off of each other rather than one big city.

9. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    yeah you can, but the city must be available from what i heard, meaning no other player owns it, i think you basically pick from a bunch of free cities to claim ownership to it.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Afaik you can have a player controlled city in your region, meaning if he is a troll and have a high polluted city this will infect your city negatively, too.

But there must be some way so you can own all cities in your region and manage and specialize it differently.

And btw. you cant connect them together. The whole Region thing is that you can move your workers from one to another city, etc.

Also you need to specialize your city at one point and i personally dont want to specialize my city. :thumbdown

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

That's what I meant.

12. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You could connect cities in Simcity 4 too. I don't see how having small towns with connectivity (and huge swaths of ugly green land between the towns) is good.

13. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 OC
    It is more like a sim neighborhood 5 LOL Maxis expects me to build a city in a area 2x2km?

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  15. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Irrelevant article since this game does not use GFWL and GFWL is not always online DRM either.

Don’t know the full extent of how this is used, as they don't call it DRM in the same way Blizzard didn't with Diablo 3, but Diablo 3 was very successful so the only thing to affect this game will be if it's good or bad, not whether you need to be online or not.

17. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5
    The main point is, we have never seen an always on DRM that does not fail in some point. Always on DRM means that you cannot access the game because of said service failure.

They already said that you cannot play Sim City 6 for more than a minute after service interruption. They can call it whatever they want and sugarcoating on why they think this is necessary. But deep down, we know that this is just another always on DRM.

The game maybe good, maybe bad. But if it require me to login to the server and stay connect 24/7 to play the game on single player, then it will be crap. Blizzard / Microsoft / PSN / EA have server all over the world but they still failed to deliver a stable connection.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Already pre-ordered. Can't wait until the 5th. My social life will officially be over

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Tomb raider and this in the same week.

Oh my, pinch me.