Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah, I tried HoTS and WoL and both run fine in offline mode. You just don't get any achievements and the accompanying rewards.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Always online is fine, but what would piss me off if i constantly getting connection errors due to crappy servers. If they make it "always online", they need to make sure that it works.Last thing you want to do is to wait in the queue or get disconnected after you payed £45 pounds for a game you cant even play.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    agree with above. if the game is always online, in ideal world it should have solid servers. thing is, at launch there will be problems. every online game launch has them. hell, d3 had a release day patch available for download a few hours before the game went live so that everyone is ready for midnight. yet there was still problems. and this is blizzard. same issues were seen at pandaria launch, PoE launch, Rift:SL launch and now SimCity launch, just to name a few recent games. I'm afraid there's nothing they can do to avoid this avalanche of players. all of these problems usually go away after a few days.

and ice, I know there's problems, just saying I haven't had any.

about the marines not being able to play, well that's just tough luck. that is it, really. and don't forget, this is not an ideal world. I pay for sky tv, yet when the weather is bad it can go funny, recordings might fail. also didn't have Vodafone coverage most of the day yesterday. cars break, we can't use them. nothing is ideal.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm in agreement with you. However, the internet wouldn't be the same if there weren't millions of people compaining about something silly all the time.

5. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    try living in a place where constant internet outage is the norm and you will see why ppl complain about using always on DRM on a 'single player game' is a bad idea, sugarcoating it as 'added value' only aggravate ppl more

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, since when is this SimCity game a single player game? and who's to blame for internet outages? ea? or your ips? think about it for a minute.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    there we go, everyone happy, right?

9. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    If there's a variable for city size I may be...however now the AI issues are making me wonder if I will ever buy this.

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    very happy, now skidrow, razor, reloaded will have an easier time, can't wait to play it! :D
    i just hope maxis fixes the traffic AI and then modders can release a proper crack to bring back simcity, maybe soon they figure out how to make the city border larger, heck they should just unlock the entire region as one single city, plus a great works site! i am happy with that also!

so EA lied about the DRM, Lucy Bradshaw is a lying ****!

I think Maxis intentionally made these possibilities because they saw what a big modding community SC4 had, it's like they knew that EA will destroy the game, so they left the code of the game to be friendly to modders, in case EA destroy sim city, modders can actually fix it, because Maxis is EA's bitch, but the modders are not! It will be nice in a couple of months to see what happens to this sim city once modders understand the code of the game

11. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Beyond the DRM SimCity 5 is a **** game that has nothing on its predecessor SimCity 4.
    Even the simulation has been revealed to be fake and a complete joke.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    really? why does the majority complain about the drm then?

13. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Because the DRM has kept them from experiencing how truly bad the game itself is.

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i promise anyone who is pro SIM CITY AT THIS STAGE, that i will buy the game when it is either fixed by Maxis by breaking from EA, ad making it offline, fix traffic AI, and i will buy the limited edition even, or either that i will crack it once someone manages it, i know it will take months like D3, i just want to see who makes it first, Maxis by realizing EA are evil *******s, or hackers who realize oldschool SC fans are more important.
    either way, i will post pics.

The traffic AI is bad, people did not see this because of the DRM, apart from that, the game is ok, but it was made in typical EA style

No simcity fan deserves this piece of **** game, no one cares, they just jump on the EA sheep customers, i feel sorry, it has so much potential like we seen today about the hacks with the region freeway...
    This is a game for the type of person who liked Societies, not for people who liked SC4

15. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    On of the comments from reddit

98% unemployment, tremendous money and happiness
    So if I understand this correctly, prostitution is keeping his city running.
    Sims need jobs, and since there is nowhere to work, they get a "job" at a park.
    Sims have no where to "shop", so they go to the park to "spend money". They then leave with "happiness".
    Money earned goes back into where the Sims live.
    Finally, that prostitution money is taxed.

[​IMG]

:roll:

16. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    there are many factor for internet outage and only certain factor is on our end. There are also internet hiccup as well as many other factor that will hinder the ability to play a game online when the game can be playable offline but wasn't due to certain DRM. EA ofcourse is not to be blame for our internet outage, however, they are to be blame for the server outage as well as forcing player to use their always on DRM which proven to have issues.

SimCity was a single player game until they add the DRM and sugar coat it as social fluff.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I agree, it's their fault if servers can't cope. but the servers are fine now. the first few days were a bit scatty for obvious reasons. It's not just the social fluff. you can play regions with your mate over the net, the internet is there mainly for drm of course, but also for other reasons that have to do with multiplayer gameplay.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You lot still arguing about the same stuff lol.

Still hard to filter through all the arguments (mostly from people who don't even have the game) and find out if the game is actually any fun or not.

19. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    That is... pure gold man, pure gold! :roll:

Ask away sir, ask away. I'll answer to best of my knowledge.

20. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    lol

But on a serious note, I swear there is a bug in the game because I'm spending like 9000 an hour on education with very highly educated sims and with a uni and a college right next to industrial, but I'm still seeing many instances buildings abandoned saying "no skilled workers'. The whole industrial area goes black sometimes, yet the demand for industrial is at maximum :bang: