Sim City 6 (2013)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Virtue, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I think they should have just remade there old title "SimTown" instead.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimTown

This game is good (IMO) but it resembles SimTown more than it does SimCity, if they had went with the different name I recon a lot of people wouldn't moan about the allocated space (as it would have hade more sense) or at least would have less reason to moan.

2. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Yes, but they probably would've sold less copies too XD

It really does play like what the title "SimTownS" would imply though. Plural emphasized. But it does have vertical (as in density) growth comparable to SimCity game... such an odd mix.

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    So is it worth the money? :D It's only €45!

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    45€!? Holy...Buy a Key for 35€. Even rus Key costs only 25 €.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yep, I think so, but you really need at least one person to play with.

6. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    If you have little to no preconception about this game or you are looking for (or be ok with) a game that will let you build a neat but little town-city hybrids through well thought out mechanics and very polished UI, then yes.

If you really wanted to build sprawling cities and nothing else, or really wanted a full blown sequel to SimCity 3000/4, then probably no.

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    After this fail they should seriously just consider making a Sim City 3000 remake.
    Same style and fun but with new graphics and simulation engine.

Sim City 4 was pretty awesome, but I always liked the quirkyness and the hand drawn caricature images of the advisors and petitioners.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    meh, can't get a refund because I didn't buy it directly on Origin. Not a massive worry, I do like the game anyway. Might install cities XL as well and then decide what I'm gonna play... which Cities is the best? most recent ones are 11, 12 and platinum.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Platinum is just the complete set of everything that was in 11 and 12, it's also why I am not even looking at the new Sim City, given just how much limitation they have added to the new Sim City in their attempts to make the thing more complex.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Is there a Site where keys still in stock and max. 40 € ?!?! All i found is too expensive, 50€+ and keys everywhere out of stock or delivering keys on 09.03.2013!

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmm... one thing about this new sim city... you hit the borders pretty quick, then it gets a bit micro managmenty... dunno... I'm yet to get into all the other cities and see what's what, but I'll give cities plat a go and see if it grabs me again. it's nice to see your city in simcity grow though...

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:

Dunno about multiplayer game, but this sounds like they ripped off citiesXL gameplay design where you need multiple cities. eg industrial/holiday etcetc

13. Ralph

Ralph Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    My favorite part of the game is the part where I can actually play it, it's sort of fun- But mostly I'm sitting on a $60 piece of software that doesn't work because of EA's server problems.

14. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    yeah, me too for several hours now, server offline, online again, cannot claim city for hours, suddenly restart, you must play tutorial now (like intended), no speech bubbles in tutorial, for about 1 hour, restarting doesnt help, tutorial not working = you cannot start searching for games/create game (like you could before...), now server offline again. Did i mention Server offline? It was ofc more often then mentioned in my little experience so far.. :bang:

16. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Forums are often great comedy. Like this thread for example, it's quite funny to see that some of those that just a few pages ago were defending Always-On-DRM are now demanding a refund because the server can't deal with all the unnecessary additional load. :thumbup:

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    As retarded as this launch has been, I've been through worse--AKA starforce for X2 and securom for Act of War--so I believe my body and mine can take this disaster.

XD

18. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Bought the game from a shop earlier today
    5:30pm Got home, put the disc in, started installation
    5:32pm Origin installation thinks its in offline mode all the time, restarting itself multiple times, updating origin.. updating again?...and again?
    5:46pm Finally got origin installed, ERROR: Failed to activate SimCity... sigh
    5:48pm Restarted Origin, login *again*, SimCity no where to be found. Double click the DVD drive. Starting installation
    5:51pm ERROR: Failed to install SimCity... takes 2 pain killers. Restarts Origin again.. sigh
    5:52pm Finally the game starts installing...copying files....
    6:10pm Origin is now downloading SimCity Update...
    6:22pm Start SimCity via Origin, get to the 'welcome' screen... ERROR: Cannot connect to server
    6:25pm Close and restart SimCity via Origin, get to the 'welcome' screen... ERROR: Cannot connect to server
    6:27pm Start SimCity via Origin, get to the title screen... Downloading Update (What??? You already downloaded the update in Origin!)
    6:35pm ..still downloading update. It's only at 7%. Frustrated and bored, I lie down and fall asleep
    7:04pm wakes up... still downloading ...sigh
    7:17pm to now:
    Finally finishes and installs the update. I'm now on the SimCity title screen. Click Start Tutorial. SERVER ERROR: Server unavailable. Select Oceania Server, SERVER ERROR.
    Restart game, select Eastern Europe Server.. Finally connect. Click Play, SERVER ERROR.
    Restart game again, Click Play, create a new Region... SERVER ERROR
    Go back to title screen, click play again, go into my region. Select an area in the region, finally actually playing the game.... but I cant do anything! I can zoom and move around, but No Buttons Work, I cant lay down road or anything...sigh
    So I go back to the main menu, now the Tutorial appears. I go into the tutorial (Sunny bay or what ever it is), but again I cant do anything! There is an out of place blue stripe at the bottom all the way across the screen where I'm guessing the tutorial box is supposed to appear.. clicking everywhere on the screen, I can select the Roads Icon but all I see is a blank white box... sigh.

Now at this point I'm really frustrated. I paid $80 for a Single Player game, and I haven't even put a piece of road down.

EA has left a bitter taste on my tongue, every time I see that EA logo I cringe and feel sick in the stomach thanks to all the bad experiences with their games.

$80 for two hours of stress and frustration, thanks a lot...

Not happy :(

19. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    I really hope someone is creating an 'unofficial offline patch' right now.

20. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Would totally play this. The game itself is fantastic, but my god the server issues are beyond irritating.