Sikkmod v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by EL1TE, Sep 4, 2011.

1. PsyChoFOk

PsyChoFOk Guest

GPU:
    PALIT GeForce GTX570 S
    do the texture packs just work or do you have to tell D3 to use them?

2. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    They work by choosing the optimal video quality (in the game's options), and by using these (on an autoexec.cfg file)

seta image_usePrecompressedTextures "0"
    seta image_useNormalCompression "0"
    seta image_useCompression "0"

It's in the "Read first" text file on my pack.

3. PsyChoFOk

PsyChoFOk Guest

GPU:
    PALIT GeForce GTX570 S
    OK thanks going to test and if I can't get it right going to make a video of what is happening to mine. thank you so much for being so patient with me. I'm no noob to PC's and MODs but Dooms way for handling mods is new to me.

4. PsyChoFOk

PsyChoFOk Guest

GPU:
    PALIT GeForce GTX570 S
    OK got everything working 100% thing is now performance is shocking. 10 - 24fps sometimes 30 - 60. what is the best setting for NO FSAA and 1920x1080 gameplay?

5. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Performance is low for me too :)
    I've enabled bloom, color grading, film grain, DoF and HDR, and most of the time I'm at 20-40fps, with dips at 10-15fps on some areas.
    What is really killing performance are the parallax effects (like POM), SSAO/SSIL, Sun effects (sun effects in doom3 ?) and of course soft shadows.

6. PsyChoFOk

PsyChoFOk Guest

GPU:
    PALIT GeForce GTX570 S
    I don't think the mods and optimized for what new hardware can do. maybe someone with know how could assist. I wish there was 1 single mod that did all of this and was optimized. but ya not like Id is going to do that. maybe a remake with the new id tech engine would be better. I love Doom. and would love to see remakes of Doom 1 2 and 3 preferably before the release of Doom 4... that would be awesome.

7. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    We should have some cool things when Doom3's source code will be released.

8. lukeman3000

lukeman3000 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 470(x2)
    Hey guys, I tried downloading the corrected test.vfp shaders, but it seems that the link is broken.

Could someone re-up that file so I could download it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sikk uploaded it again as an attachment on the thread

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Nice! Those new textures looks incredible. I wish there were POM type textures for GTA 4 / EFLC. It would really liven up the the building and street textures.

11. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    This mod is great, gald to see we now have the option te keep original damage values and such.
    Still struggling tho te get a decent 60fps constant, had too disable almost every option to achieve this, but I am satisfied. Cant ask much more from my aging system.

12. DanotheMano

DanotheMano Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 5850
    Why is there effects missing? Like the spaceship hovering at the beginning I can see right through where the thrusters should be. Plus, when I turn motion blur or most of the other things on, it messes up the camera and FOV. When I turn HDR on, it makes the whole screen white except the HUD.

What did I do wrong?

13. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    ATI card -> disable catalyst AI
    Rename doom3.exe to disable it.
    If you can't rename it (if you have the steam version of the game for example), use Radeon PRo

14. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    08/14/2012 Update (link)

DOWNLOAD Doom3 NiukNiuk pack (sikkmod v1.2 wulfen v2) 1.16Gb

IMPORTANT:

Unzip it on a CLEAN Doom 3 install.

Read the included readme's

Here's a copy/pasta of the Main one:

Screenshots:

PDA Email containing the locker codes:

[​IMG]

New loading screens (for Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some random screenshots, taken using my actual config (included in the pack)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  15. Klynch

Klynch Guest

GPU:
    GTX260
    Hey NiukNiuk,
    I managed to install the Sikkmod and the two Texture Packs (Wulfens+Monoxeads). I am satisfied with the result but some Questions still remain:
    1. The "glprogs" folder from the Sikkmod contains various forms of texture mapping (relief, pom, steep...) Do I have to move the content of this folder (test. and interaction.vfp) to get the effect working? With the glprogs folder from Wulfen everything seems to work fine but maybe the result is better with the ones in the Sikkmod folder?

2. Are there any benefits when I create a pk4. file for the textures? Faster Loading times, better quality or something else?

3. I assume that the autoexec.cfg is unnecessary when I set Ultra Quality in the menu right?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my (maybe) bad englisch. Greetings from Germany

16. DanotheMano

DanotheMano Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 5850
    That fixed it, thank you!

17. Sikkpin

Sikkpin New Member

1: The shaders that come with Sikkmod 1.2 are preferred over the ones that come with the texture packs. Both are my shaders but the ones in the texture packs are very basic (they're just a bare bones Blinn-Phong with POM) and don't include the HDR encoding somewhat necessary when using HDR.

2: I did a test a while ago where I extracted all of the files from the pk4's to see how it would effect load times and it turns out that having the files loose increased load times instead of decreasing them like you would think. Why this is exactly, I don't know. So I'd say, go ahead and compress them into a pk4.

3: I can't answer as I don't know what's in the cfg.

18. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    If, when playing, you can see the high-rez textures and "see" the parallax effect you have chosen (PoM for example), then you don't need the autoexec.cfg

19. Klynch

Klynch Guest

GPU:
    GTX260
    Thanks so far!
    I downloaded your Sikkmod folder and the update, copied everything (also the Doom config and the autoexec.) Ingame the Color Grading causes some wired problems. Everythin looks black with red pixels. Changing the CG Type from Lut to something else solves the problem. Any idea how to fix this?

20. Sikkpin

Sikkpin New Member

Don't force AA or AF through the driver. Let the program handle those things.