Signs of herd immunity

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by alanm, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    A yet to be peer reviewed study shows a man from Nevada being infected twice, and being significantly worse the second time. These are 2 different mutations of the virus.
    https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3681489

There's also reports from Hong Kong, Belgium and Netherlands showing the same thing.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. Interestingly... it adds to statements earlier in the year from the CDC explaining the aggressive infectiousness of covid-19 as opposed to other viruses. I can only ponder this complicates the vaccination process but pharma had been commenting on this & noting multiple instances of the vaccination likely to be needed for efficacy prior to combating it after one is finished & what a 50% efficacy rate from one dose *possibly* hence the multiple doses. So ... while some of these things are subject to change what we know about the spread & rate of injection is likely to just become more... "affirmed"?

I think one thing that's interesting is & think of this apolitically just from a scientific standpoint. Is that the Chinese were studying this thing in a lab in Wuhan years prior to now. Regardless of it that is for sure how it got out or not - that is interesting and makes me wonder if we were too & if so why and how we can be so reactionary on protocols to something so deadly when we aren't even with Ebola & never faced pandemic just breakouts in sparse parts of the world & already have protocols dating far back as the 70s for it?

EDIT: You know if memory serves the lab in Wuhan I am referring to was a multinational effort which included the CDC for many years as well, it's not a stretch to assume we had access to Novel coronavirus.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2020
  3. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    There were early fears that it could be dengue fever and each successive exposure would increase immune system overfiring, considering acute respiratory distress syndrome is a cofactor in a lot of the severe admissions (outside thrombosis and other direct covid related problems).
    It also concerns me as the parallels with spanish flu are becoming more apparant, and it was the second wave that killed loads of young, healthy people.
    If the same happens after being sensitised after first wave, second one will result in much more morbidity.

In fact here is an article on it (bit sensationalised but still useful info)
    https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence
    The pnuemonia + fluid filled lungs parallels a fair bit to the reactions we are seeing in people handling covid19 badly atm.

The particular episode of flu coincided with encephalitis lethargica outbreak which is still unknown in origin. We are seeing covid19 having unexpected cognitive consequences now being uncovered.

...........I'm going on immediate diet now

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350