*Sign* one more game bite the dust for pc

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NvidiaFreak, Jan 8, 2008.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68fifQbacYU

and the game is Team Fortress 2. this is why pc gaming are falling because of these fools.

console you never see this and that why alot of people are going to console to play online because pc online is a joke, why because aim hack and wall hack and speedhack. when console if you try to cheat you will get ban from live. dont say pc is better then console because look at the video and it hurt me to see a great game go low because of these freaking hackers.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Steam does ban people if you demo them using fraps or a similar program.

Edit: You do make a good point though, as many non-computer people just accept the fact that they are crap when they get beaten by some wall hacking guy so they revert to console instead. Especially when the same game is avaliable on console.

3. CCchips

CCchips Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5970 2048Mb
    Wait, what? You get banned for measuring the in-game FPS?!? You're kidding right...

4. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    No, they ban somebody if you show them a video captured live (by fraps etc) of somebody obviously using cheats on online servers.

5. Firefox_1

Firefox_1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
    VAC works fairly well, by no means perfect though. If they are hacking obviously you can just record/demo them (using source's 'record playerwhatever' console command or fraps, etc).

Also when a hacker is flagged by VAC they aren't banned immediately to make it harder for hack creators/users to know if their hack is VAC proof, etc. Takes up to 3 weeks I think.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    What works best is strict server regulation by Zblock & server commands (included with Zblock) such as sv_pure 2.

VAC gets some, Zblock gets many, but in the end the hackers will always be one step ahead.

In leagues and LANs though it's not easy to hack and get away with it. It's... well... nearly impossible at LANs :p

7. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    They will break your computers! :behead:

8. racofer

racofer Master Guru

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Single Player FTW!!!:banana:

9. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    If all console games supported mouse and keyboard I would be done with PC gaming for ever... except for few PC only games like WiC.

10. racofer

racofer Master Guru

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Same here. If there was RTS games like WC3 I would be playing on a console right now. Most of the games I like on PC also exist on consoles as well.

Just out of curiosity, would a xbox360 for example look good with a TV card on my pc on a 24'' widescreen LCD screen? Because sometimes I thing about using a console on my PC so I can have both things but still have the freedom of doing everything else a PC can do.

11. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I love FPS on PC, i cant stand it on consoles.
    I have a PS3, and COD4 on it and it gives me horible head aches, i play Quake Wars and Doom3/UT2004 on the PC with no problems.

But i realy play MMOs for the most part, WOW and soon Conan, and im not sure if playing a MMO on a console would be good or not, i guess when they come out with "a good one" ill try it.(i did hear that Conan might come out for Xbox360)
    I dont see PC games going away ever, most ppl who are in to HC gaming love PC upgrades and mods to, and not alot you can do to consoles other then small things that void your warrnties.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ big time looking forward to Conan as well !!!!! WEEE!!!!

You are always going to find cheaters in PC shooters. Its just a fact of life, and as much as it annoys me, those cheaters are still in the vast minority with most new games. If they wanna cheat, go right ahead. The funny this is that I can still kill alot of those noobs and gett better scores than them without using cheats.. now THAT is a burn..

13. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    This is why there are admins on well run servers.

This is nothing new. No PC is ever going to be "hack proof" when a game is running on a open system.

To be honest you make it sound as if PC games online are overflowing with cheaters. It just isn't the case.

Are you one of those people who accuse decent players of hacking just because they're better than you? It's the only reason I can come up with as to why you believe the online community of some PC games is rife with cheaters.

14. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I found that funny. You get up and calmly leave the server. Hackers love the attention when one goes 'you ****ing hacker nob!'

Though, I really really hated it back when I use play CSS, the regulars were hacking but were hiding it very well.

15. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    Neat video.

For a second I thought this was going to be about the awful framerate drops that game suffers from lately.

16. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Lol. The music goes perfect with the video.

Two things that should never heard/seen: Eminem and pussy hackers.

17. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

Some people really need to get life...

18. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Cheaters, just one reason to purchase a console... Great that you posted this video becuase it also shows their web address....

19. M1ckY

M1ckY Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 216SP
    Yeah, I loved to have a mute key on my keyboard when the video started :D

Topic: Seeing that consoles become more and more computer like I think there'll also be hackers soon enough. Might allready be possible with linux running on the newer consoles.

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Thats why you dont play pubs :p