Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Keitosha, May 11, 2016.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Civ 6 main theme:

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Just finished the tutorial. My friends and I have Civ V totally mastered, but this game is going to take some learnin', that's for sure. I've enjoyed it so far, other than the lack of MP teams and UI scaling not working. The game easily runs maxed out @1080p on my 980Ti, no surprise there.

Can anybody that owns this game test out DSR/VSR and see if it works? I've tried every resolution in the list and the game never changes off of 1080p. I closed the game and edited the resolution in the .ini and that did nothing, even set as read only. The game looks and runs fine so far, but I'd really like to use more than 40% GPU at something like 1620p with max settings.

I'll check back in a few days from now with thoughts about the game.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It took me a while to work out how to actually send the envoys to city states, just a simple tutorial saying "click the + button here!" would have helped

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    My digital Crack is here!

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Why is this game so damn expensive. It seems to be £49.99 everywhere I look, which is a ludicrous price for any PC game, digital or otherwise.

Dunno about anyone else but it seems like PC game prices have gone from the more reasonable £39.99 RRP (meaning £10-£15 less from your favourite key seller) to being £49.99 RRP (and with less of a discount at key sellers). So much for digital distribution leading to lower prices due to the lack of disc, manual and packaging production costs!!!

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You should have bought a key before release. It was 32-36 € almost everywhere.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    And people wonder why pre-ordering is no big deal..

If companies can sell games before they are even done, why shouldn't they just up the price on release? People are clearly going to pay either way right?
    Maybe if people weren't willing to throw cash at games sight unseen or on day of release, and waited for the game to go on sale the prices wouldn't be so egregious.

I don't blame publishers, I blame consumers 100%.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So anyone else finding the early game to be really really slow paced? In previous Civ games the early era you would blow through pretty quickly building what you needed to get an early Civ up and running and the whole thing would then settle down to the mid game drag once you got to around 8 - 9 cities. At the same time the opponents Civs would have gotten big enough that the time between turns would now be a 10 to 30 seconds rather than 2 to 10 as in the early game.

This game though the time between turns is much longer, if it's as slow as it is at the start of the game gods only knows what it will be like late game. Your units need a lot more fiddling around with, for example auto explore doesn't work under certain circumstances, in previous games you set a Scout to explore and he would do that until he found something worth stopping for.

This game just seems so much slower, even more worrying it isn't really grabbing me the same way previous Civ games did, then again I am only playing it because EA and BF1 are offline just now.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/sid-meiers-civilization-vi/

Prices of games will go up with Brexit though, Sterling is almost 1:1 with Euro whereas earlier on this year you could get over 1.4 Euro for a pound. Most things will go up (or have already) in price, pretty normal.

13. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    I am digging the changes.

--The graphics are clearly ramped up.
    --Selecting your government has never been better.
    --I really like the new way that city-states are handled.
    --I like the way that workers (builders) are implemented now.
    --Diplomacy seems less clunky.
    --City management has been overhauled. I feel like such a noob. I do like it though.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Srsly, whos gonna buy at gmg anyway!? Its so expensive, one of the most expensive sites for digital goods! There are tons of sellers who are cheaper and such.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I bought the game from CDKeys.com for £38 which is the cheapest I've seen it digitally (SimplyGames had it listed for £35 but it was not in stock).

Playing through the tutorials I've noticed the following bugs:

1. I cannot set any other resolution than 2560x1440 so no DSR;
    2. The UI Scale option doesn't work;
    3. The tutorial video played in what looked like an off-centered 1920x1080 window with white borders to the right and bottom of the screen;
    4. There was a misaligned arrow pointer in one of the tutorial screens which led to much confusion over what I was meant to be clicking on.
    5. Not too problematic but some of the text is a bit too small and comfortable to read on my 25" display.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It was just a suggestion seeing as Darren couldn't find it any cheaper than £49.99. Still, I had a quick look, GMG are cheaper even than cdkeys. Haven't really checked the other sites but still, the point was GMG (I haven't used them in ages btw) are already £10 cheaper than £49.99.

Feel free to link cheaper stores.

EDIT: Seems like cdkeys undercut GMG by £1 since the last time I checked (last night).
    Please share your opinions on the game mate, I haven't really played a Civ game since Civ 2 (own all of them though). Kinda tempted to buy this seeing as they seem to have upped their game with this one.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, I use G2play and it's £45 on there but £40 on GMG.

What happened with DX12 and explicit multi adapter?
    Reading around there is no info.
    I've also heard a few having the same issue as Darren with no DSR\VSR.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I was only saying, gmg is expensive and i always found no matter what cheaper elsewhere. Maybe i can just speak for myself, but i dont see me ever buy anything at gmg, i just dont see why.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    GMG in this case is one of the cheapest places out there.

Still, I much prefer cdkeys, I use them all the time, delivery is instant, whereas I've had some delays with GMG.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Just requested a refund for this game, not worth even close to the £50 I paid. The early game is way way way to slow paced, horribly slow paced compared to the old games and the Ai in this game is easily dumber than any of the previous Civ AIs.

Here's an example of diplomacy.

England declare war on me
    France declare war at exactly the same time, no neighbouring borders no obvious reason for war declaration.

30 turns pass in which I do nothing and they do nothing.

France contact me and offer peace, and then offer me a per turn gold reward for peace.
    England contact me two turns later and offer me peace and a per turn gold reward for peace.

Uh ok I didn't do anything but ok.

25 turns later France declares war on me again.

In the mean time I have had China denounce me... not because I am some warlord or some maniac or that I've even got borders close to theirs no I get denounced because I have more Wonders than them... this happens two turns after I build my first Wonder The Oracle.