1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink or pan screen in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by torokp, Sep 26, 2012.

1. torokp

torokp New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 425M
    I have an Acer 4755G with nVidia Optimus (nvidia 520M & Intel HD 3000).
    The notebook has a 1366x768 screen and a projector 1280x800.

In this setup I have to make the display cloned (see same image on both) in 1280x800 resolution. It's expected the picture to be shown downscaled/blurry on laptop (as it has lower vertical resolution). I need this setup because the lecturer have to see the screen on the laptop (eg. typing on its keyboard). But I have to use the projector's native resolution as a main (or desktop) resolution.

I need a solution to enable it, as I was unable to choose 1280x800 in Windows
    Resolution settings. Also in nVidia control panel doesn't have no Display submenu, as resolution only can be set in Intel's driver (or the standard Windows Resoltion Settings panel) where only resolutions offered which not bigger than 768 in height (1280x768, 1366x768). But I definetly need 1280x800.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    disable the HD3000 (possible in bios) and have the 520m run both screens you can then set independant resolutions on both