Should marijuana be legalized?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I bumped into a friend the other day in the street and he was excited to show me his new e-cig style "snoop dog" vaporiser, cost him £100+ and it looked like one of the standard cheapo e-cigs lol. He opened it and just had ground up bud resting on the coils.............. I pretended I thought it was cool. :wanker:

found it.. awful.. http://www.grencoscience.com/products/snoopdogg

Oh wow it has "a scientifically-hardened glass sleeve" :infinity:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    The government needs to stay the **** out of my business.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Eating fatty food and not smoking or drinking ever in your entire life will (not can) do extensive irreparable damage to your liver.

Your point is what?

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Dude it sounds like you need to take a bong hit bro. Your wound a bit tight there. :toke:

5. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 750 Ti
    I am all for it.

Funny thing.. society is. The biggest push back a few decades ago.. to ban the use of marijuana, spread like wild fire under the terms "reefer madness".. which actually pertained to our Spanish, and African communities here in the US. It was used to install fear into the lives of everyday people.. stating that certain people, were driven mad by smoking pot.

Never happened. But.. to this day, the after effects of this purely racial, political campaign.. keeps striking fear into everyone's hearts! Needless to say.. it was a very successful campaign at the time.

Now.. we have the War on Drugs... inspired by this racial legislation... again, a complete and utter failure. Locking people up because they haven't done anything more than our southern folk, grinding up mash and cookin' it for some moonshine.

Alcohol does two things. Kills living cells, cleans up grease, oil.. engine parts.. etc.

Tobacco: cannot be consumed in any fashion, that won't cause cancer.

Now.. having said that, there are three major types of marijuana.

Hemp: used in everything from skin oils, to concrete bricks, military outfits.. and people have even started building cars from it. One field of hemp, can replace an entire forest of trees when it comes to producing paper.

Sativa, and Indica.

Basically.. .your couch potato pot, and the other.. makes your brain fly! Yeah... gettin' stoned and cleaning your house.. without the dangerous side effects of melting down all your weight loss pills into meth.

From those two.. comes an almost unlimited supply of crossbred plants that have cured cancer, ADHD.. arthritis.. oh hell, who we kiddin here? It has many.. many medical applications.

On top of that... there has never been a death directly related to an overdose. Say that for aspirin, tylenol.. or moonshine... hell, you can drink more water in a day, and drown in it.. before you could smoke enough to kill you.

The facts are there.. take them or leave them.

But if an owner of a basketball team, can lose his life over a racial slur... isn't it time to get marijuana out from under the same limelight?

edit: oh.. and yes, they have created a strain .. that can repair not only damaged brain cells.. but liver cells as well! Pop open another budweiser.. let's all drink to that!

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    If you don't care about the quality, sure, growing weed is easy. Some outdoor strains can even thrive on their own with little or no interaction (though deer like to eat them).

For the most part though, growing really good weed takes experience and some effort. It also takes equipment as well as soil ingredients, all of which are taxed. Then there's power consumption. The average person couldn't/wouldn't bother with growing their own weed, just like the average person isn't making their own beer/alcohol.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yep^...:toke:

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Wow^ Thank you for that comment Morpheous416...You are a smart Dude...

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    The word you are looking for is "you're". Maybe you should smoke less :)

10. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Aw Heck Loobyluggs....Take a bong hit bro....report back after words :p

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Buzz kill :cop:

I don't actually smoke because I get random drug screening at work. It should be legal end of story. It's a waste of tax dollars enforcing laws against drugs that could be used elsewhere.

12. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I only smoke every once in awhile, I don't like being baked all the time. My wife on the other hand has been prescribed all kinds of pills from the doctor but prefers to smoke. I prefer my wife smoking she's a lot more stable.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    It's not harmless but banning it is kind of hypocritical considering we don't ban alcohol.

Imo it needs to be legalized but morally and legally treated as alcohol is now, with rules and limitations.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    I think when folks say "harmless" they mean it's non-lethal. I would classify it as less-harmful than all other popular drugs. It can't kill you but it could potentially make you do something stupid where you end up dead as a direct result (though alcohol still trumps it by 100 fold there, probably more).

15. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Make it legal. That would free up HUGE resources to go get the crack,heroin etc. dealers. Billions of dollars would be made available for education and whatever else is needed to stop the real bad guys. Pot never hurt ANYONE! I've smoked it for almost 40 years. Not every day,but as often as I can get it.

16. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 FTW
    Some doctor decided it would be a good idea to put my wife on Adderall to help her with her ADD and depression. It almost destroyed her life and our marriage. Prescription drugs do much more harm to people and society than weed ever could.

I believe marijuana should at least be de-criminalized. The thought of people being sent to jail/prison with hardcore criminals over some weed is just ludicrous...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  17. squarestar

squarestar New Member

GPU:
    8GB
    even tho it's not legalized, people are getting it, right?
    so what's the point not legalizing it??

maybe the fed should ban suicide as well. lol

18. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I reckon weed carries far more health implications than people realise.
    It made me depressed for years when I was a habitual heavy user.

I suppose if it was legalised the cannabinoids could be more greatly controlled.

I'm from an era when resin was the norm and grass was a rarity. The strains of green that kick around now are dangerous and contain the bad psycho stuff where as old fashioned resins tended to contain the good happy laughy stuff.

I see many young kids to day kicking around today paranoid out their minds but they don't know it, not for a moment contributing it to the weed.

It's a hard one but if the proper strains were the only strains available I'd be for legalising it.
    I wouldn't be for it as a smokeable product though. An invisible chemical and air inhalation or an edible form far safer but unfortunately not quite as sociable as smoking.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I'm against it all. I hate smoking (I can barely breath when someone smokes near me). I could totally live without alcohol too. I've never been drunk nor smoked anything and I plan to keep it that way. Personally I have no idea how people can drink to get drunk or use drugs (no matter how mild). Nothing beats the fresh air and having a clear head.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you never been drunk ? wow