Should I use the latest stable release of "Nvidia Profile Inspector" or the latest pre-release?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BlindBison, May 26, 2022.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I'd like to use the NPI since I heard it can allow you to disable shader cache for specific titles only (without disabling it globally). It also lets me use proper half-refresh v-sync without it being adaptive like it is in the stock control panel (lots of useful features buried in the NPI).

Is it recommended to just roll with whatever the latest pre-release is, or should I just do the latest stable release? Thanks! https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases
    upload_2022-5-26_12-25-15.png

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I been using the Pre-release for a long time now, seems just fine.

BlindBison likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you don't need profile inspector for this.

4. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Thanks, but I saw no option to disable the Nvidia shader cache only for specific games/exes (per profile) in the standard control panel.

Of course you can do this globally (global tab) and just turn off the shader cache entirely but what I'd prefer to do is only disable the shader cache for very specific games if they do not play nice with it for whatever reason.

In Nvidia profile inspector I am able to disable the shader cache per title it seems rather than just the global on/off (size) switch.

If I've missed the per-profile ability to disable the shader cache only for specific games, do they change the name of it when you're not looking at the global tab? Did I just overlook it? I'll check again after work, but I wasn't seeing it as a per-profile option only global is my recollection. Thanks,

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    SyntaX likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well i returned to old version because by non official it broke profile scrolling and i have like 60+ games saved.
    But in either case lowlatency gets messed up and disabled in nvcpl profile,
    e.g. I set low latency = on in nvcpl game profile, go to nvinspector profile and change something , return back to nvcpl profile and its set to off again.

specifically for Desitny2 , lol I play only this the last few yrs, and I wanted to disable shader cache as well and didnt see it either. The game gets weekly updates and almost everytime I have to clear driver cache or it can crash with brocoli error - TDR.

That said i think I stopped seeing per profile shader cache on/off ever since nv added shader cache size option?

BlindBison likes this.
  6. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I have been on 2.3.0.13 since last September (i just checked the modified date on the exe in my folder). It's worked fine for me.

Even that version was created Jan 2021... you can see they updated to R460 driver settings in that version, lol

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    personal i would not use any thing if was updated by author. less they give there seal of approval or pass on the torch

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Been using 2.3.0.13 since it came out with no issues yet.

BlindBison likes this.
  9. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Krzyslaw has updated the to tool to 2.4.5.1 check this post.

BlindBison likes this.
  10. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    So that's the latest version on profile inspector ?
    Also, where we can look for future updates?