should i upgrade my twin 970's for a gtx 1080?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dominant1, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 OC
    I take it you have inside sources from NVidia then.

2. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 OC
    [Double post] Anyway I would go with a single GPU over SLI any day Its less of a headache to get a single GPU running right than it is with SLI. I had SLI a few times before but I eventually gave up on it because sometimes if a game doesn't support it you will get lower FPS with SLI enabled. Then sometimes NVidis don't release SLI profiles for some games.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  3. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 OC
    You call me stupid and yet you are the idiot that thought I was somebody else. You really need to get out from under your bridge some more.
    Also you did check my specs. You were wll able to tell me I have a GTX980 and then mock the card thinking it can't even push over 60FPS.

4. Ranger x

Ranger x Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Amp Ex @2075
    The Ti 1080 will cost you 800 to 900 dollars, and it will be only 20% faster than the gtx 1080. I my self had 2 Gigabyte 970s but had to get rid of them because of poor sli support in the latest game titles. Try to go to Microcenter and find a open box 1080 gtx oc version for 599 and get it, don"t get the Asus blower style cooler.

5. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Delusional ? WTF are you on ?

There has been zero real info so far, Anything "leaked" is user made.