Should I return my PNY GTX 470 and add 100$ for a 570?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by savannahmick, Dec 8, 2010.

1. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Never chase for any higher models .. 470 is a very good card and for 100 bucks 15% improvement ?? Not worth it .. If i were u , i will keep that 470 ..

2. GPU

GPU Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780scsli ek 2x655 ek
    -http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/895590-gtx470-vs-gtx570-comparison-more-content.html

-have a look here

3. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    ^^ Clearly 570 is better and plenty headroom OC for best investment ^^

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

5. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I think you made a smart decision in keeping the 470.

The same basic rule applies here as it does in any other thread like it for current owners with 400 series cards; if you have the funds and just want something new, go for it.

However, I would recommend putting the money into a minimum of an i5 platform if you’re using either an lga775 or an am3 system before investing the money going from 400 to 500 series.

Whether or not it’s a worthwhile upgrade depends on the purchaser’s expectations and the total cost out of pocket. For example, I moved from an OC’d 470 @ 750MHz to a 580. For myself, it was a worthwhile purchase and now experiencing the differences between the two, I wouldn’t hesitate to do it over again (and this was at full retail value). Now keep in mind that I had other interests than just performance.

(The views expressed in this post are merely based on my own opinion and should not be considered either right or wrong).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  6. elvizzz

elvizzz Active Member

GPU:
    DC II T 670 GTX
    1.well do you game a lot of ours
    2.how long after this before your next upgrade
    3.local Electricity price
    4.deduced that from 100 $
    5.who now's maybe it's 5 $ extra in a year because you save mony on the Electricity bill
    6.so caculated and you will now 570 for the win have fun

greetings from da lowlands,

elvizzz

7. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I had a similar dillema as you,but in my case I was looking to buy a gtx 470 or 570.Here the 570 is 150 usd more than the custom gtx 470s.
    I bought a gigabyte gtx 470 oc ver. 2.o with a non referent cooler and I am waiting it to arrive.
    I hope to put a nice overclock on it:)