Should I purcahse Call of Duty 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Adma192, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    I played the demo when it was released, and really enjoyed it, but for some reason I've never gotten around to purchasing the actual game.

I'm looking for a cinematic experience. This means a good story, great graphics and awesome sound.

Does COD2 have all of these things? Last I played, I had onboard sound and a 6800.

Is it worth it to just purchase it via Steam?

Also, how does the multiplayer aspect work? How big are the maps? Do you choose a class?

Thanks in advance :).

2. brandonspikes

brandonspikes Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TI Twin Frozr
    Cod 2 is a great game,yeah get it threw steam so you dont need to put your cd in every time you wanna play SP
    i myself dont like the MP its a OK game

i wanna try cod 3 never got around to try it

3. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2060
    It's great. Maps are pretty small with buildings for cover. You pick a team and a main weapon and it automatically gives you some grenades and a handgun..

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Yep, I'd say buy it :) It's a very good game, still nice graphics ;) And also awesome sound :) And ofcourse, a very nice story line :D

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i would buy it mate

+when can/if we expect cod 3 for PC

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Its probably one of the best games of 2005. Essential for the collection. Dont expect an amazing story line, as its not really setup like that. More like snapshots of squads on the russian/British/American campaigns. However, its extremely cinematic, very atmospheric and in terms of sound, it probably has some of the best sound in any game. The neighbours will be banging on the door if u have a 5.1 set-up :)

7. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I enjoyed it for a long time, I really did, but then I suddenly grew tired of the constant MP grenade spam and promptly uninstalled it.

I'll probably give it a few more months then reinstall it again.

8. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 870M 6GB
    Completed it almost 7 times now .. and still can't resist it .. its an awesome game , specially with a good speaker setup .. just turn up the volume , and u'll get darn close to being in a real war ... OMG i'm so jealous of people with7.1 setups' :D :p

9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    great game...played it at a friend...and i loved it, it has a feeling like no other war game..

10. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Their is no COD 3 for PC ;) only console..

But play COD 2 , I've player nearly 1000 hours of the game. MP mode is quality probably best WW2 FPS on the market..

11. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    Yeah, buy Call of Duty 2 for the massive action in the game!

And also buy Brothers in Arms; I know it doesn't look as good as CoD2, but in Brothers in Arms you can use tactics and strategy, which is in my opinion more satifying than the arcady approach of CoD games.

12. rsornbe

rsornbe Member

GPU:
    ATI Visiontek 4870 512
    I would buy it....the single player campaign is very intense, and the action really keeps you glued to your monitor. Was a little dissapointed in the British campaign though....kinda boring running through tunnels and trenches in North Africa. Overall, its a fun 10-15 hr WW2 shooting movie starring you. The multiplayer howerver is incredibly stupid. There is no tactical gameplay at all. Its a grenade frag fest of all 4 year olds who throw thier 2 grenades blindly over a roof and hope it lands in your spawnpoint. ENJOY!

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I would definitely have to recommend it. Great graphics, gameplay, and especially sound. I've beaten it three times so far.

I just have issues with throwing money in Activision's direction. PC gamers put the Call of Duty franchise on the map but they have abandoned us by releasing Call of Duty 3 only for those crap-ass consoles. A great FPS is best played on a PC with a mouse-and-keyboard. However, Activision threw PC gamers under the bus with Call of Duty 3 and they can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll sell you my copy if you're interested.

15. brandonspikes

brandonspikes Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TI Twin Frozr
    controller>mouse

16. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    You are completely and totally out of your mind if you actually think that. A competent fragger with a mouse-keyboard will wipe the floor with people who use those wretched controllers. I sincerely hope that you were just joking.

In an issue of PC Gamer released several months ago, the editors of PC Gamer took on the editors of their sister XBox magazine in Halo 2. The PC guys used mouse-keyboard while the XBox folks used those crappy controllers. Even though the PC guys hadn't played Halo 2 in nearly a year, they annihilated them by an over 2-to-1 margin. It was a slaughter. So what were you saying? :booty:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  17. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    I LOL'd.

18. RachaelH

RachaelH Master Guru

GPU:
    .. B
  19. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    So did I. He's only 15, what did you expect?

20. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    Get an usb bluetooth adapter (the right one; "Blue Soleil") and a Wii controller for First Person Shooters. The drivers are still in a very early stage though and thus buggy, but it is a quite nice experience! But you need to get use to the Wii controller for the Wii and PC.:D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006