Shooters

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gridiron whirlw, Jan 30, 2011.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Right here is the BEST OF THE BEST!!!

(in no particular order)

1) Portal (creative amazing game!!!)

2) Call Of Duty (Get any of them and don't listen to the haters they are decent games)

3) BioShock 1 (do not bother with 2 as its rubbish compared to the first)

4) Amnesia The Dark Decent (this will scare the sh!t out of you!!!)

5) BFBC2 (Great SP, great MP, and a very very good DLC)

6) Borderlands (great art direction, tons of weapons and has 4 player coop online)

7) BulletStorm (I know its not out yet but just look at the trailers and tell me it doesn't look like a ton of fun!)

Cant think of any more! There is always Fallout New Vegas which is not technically just a shooter but is very engrossing game with a good story.

2. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Amnesia is not a shooter, it's a first person survival horror adventure, there are no elements to it that would qualify it as a shooter, point of view/camera does not make it a shooter.

Anyhow, I'll say STALKER: Call of Pripyat too, Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD if you like twitch shooters.

I'll also second, or third, or fourth, or oh whatever, Mass Effect 2, you may want to play through 1 to have a save file, altho I don't recommend the first one at all as it's just a mess of bad gameplay/mechanics decisions and dull characters (save for Wrex and Garrus, altho even then Wrex is very much krogan in personality and Garrus has a stick up his butt), it's mainly that the default plot decisions for ME2 are kind of terrible so you'll want your own ME1 save file to play ME2.

Metro 2033 if you want an ambiguous moral story about the bigotry of mankind, gameplay's not bad either, kind of reminded me of Half Life 1 in that respect.

I'd go with BioShock as well, it's basically System Shock 2 with a different coat of paint.

Maybe Cryostasis if your PC can survive it, the gameplay is rather slow, but the premise and narratives are interesting.

3. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    The thing about stalker COP and CS man running around in the dark with a flash light is great things pop up that scared the poop out of me!

4. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Yeah I was stupid enough to buy this and haven't even been able to get it to run once (caused my PC to just reboot whenever I tried to launch it), total trash and a waste of money imo, one to avoid. :thumbdown

Also has the OP played Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, that's one I would recommend (and the expansions). :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011

5. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Well....I got for or 5 games out of this thread....everything else listed ...I already own.

These will keep me busy for awhile.....thanks guys.

6. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    Try project blackout. It is like css but different. Hard to explain. It is an ok game for free.

7. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Which one's?

8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Singularity
    Medal Of Honor...The newest one
    Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood
    Fear 2
    Turok

Really looking forward to the top 3 games

Fear 2 is probly just more of the same, and I am about all FEARED out....but at least the slo-mo is fun.

Not sure about Turok...I have heard mixed reviews....but heck its cheap on e-bay, so what the heck.

9. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    I like:

Hellgate London, lost london mod
    Far Cry (1)
    Crysis and war front
    I liked the 1/2 life series as fun and not graphically demanding
    Doom was fun (EXPANSION WAS A WASTE OF TIME/MONEY)

10. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Ah forgot one, Killing Floor :thumbup: