Shogun 2 Naval Battles

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RAB86, May 20, 2011.

1. RAB86

RAB86 Member

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    During the land battles I get maximum gpu usage according to afterburner. The land battles run between 45 and 65 fps which seems correct for my cards. Naval battles I only get 40% gpu usage on both cards and it runs around 25-30 fps, WTH?

I'm using the 275.27 beta drivers.

2. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    It's a Dx10/Dx11 problem that was added in last patch. Try running on Dx9.

It happens to me as well if I run on Dx10 mode. Had tried 267.24 and now on 260.99. Same problem. 99% GPU usage in land battles; 35% GPU usage in naval battles.
    I used to have 60 fps in naval battles, but after last patch I activated Dx10 and it started going as low as 30-20 fps because of such low GPU usage. Even with water details to low it didn't help.

I miss the days of Rome: Total War and Medieval 2 when CA didn't bring out such buggy games...

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. RAB86

RAB86 Member

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    Yes, I actually tried that and it worked. I thought I posted that here but it must've been in the steam user forums. Yeah I have empire at war and I haven't had many problems with it, although I just recently bought it and it's been out two plus years and has all the patches and mods to get it working correctly. That is the (ridiculous) answer to some of these buggy games, wait a year or two and maybe they won't crash or have ridiculous bugs.