Shift 2 Unleashed - workaround for CrossfireX

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Not working for me, getting flickering and dark cockpit view.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    dark cockpick its either catalyst AI or surface optimization fault, disable both (bb CF :()

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, it seems some races are fine, but others are still screwed up... so let's wait for a new CAP or hotfix, Andrew posted on his twitter about a fix for Shift 2 and Crysis 2 (both steam and retail versions).

4. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    wtf wtf wtf 22 fps at 1920 x 1200 with max settings but only normal aa , is this a joke

specs in sig

5. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Im on 10.12a with latest caps, still flicker, like the AFR friendly.But with AFR im getting better perfomance.

6. dade_kash_xD

dade_kash_xD Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX DD R9-280x 3gb
    Shift 2 Unleashed has BY FAR the worst GFX I've seen in a modern video game! It looks like PSOne GFX!

7. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    Agreed, I think the first Shift looks much better, although a proper comparison won't really be possible until AMD delivers profiles etc. to improve performance.

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, those pics look darker then it should be.

Edit: Just noticed it was already mentioned.

9. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I really like it a lot. Adjusting the steering to experienced or higher helps make the game control a lot better, or at least for me. Really though you can make it control anywhere from traditional NFS games all the way to simulation style. The sound production value is really high as well if you have a good sound system.

And like others have said, it's really pretty. :)

**Added**
    The only really bad thing I can think of is that there aren't that many cars to choose from. They have a lot of the really important ones though so it's really not that big of a deal.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  10. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    I did the RadeonPro tweaks suggested here and while my fps is now a steady 60, I still get flicker. I also now get microstuttering which I didn't get when using plain Catalyst settings.

I think I'm just going to wait for new CAPs or for a patch or two before diving too deeply into the game. Shift 1 works flawlessly, so I can always stick to that (or GT5) for a while.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    Cannot get this game to run smooth at all :( , laggy and pixelated heavily and the grapics are horrible. No matter what i do i cannot get it to run at 1920/1080p without window mode :( , i do not want it to run window mode , what can i do ?

12. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    nvm ..I'd better start reading :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    This is not working for me at all :( , ill wait for a propper driver release that supports 2x HD6950 Crosfire and proper profiles , meeh... :/

14. saberwolf

saberwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290x x2
    I viewed the Driver Capability Option, problem is when I enable it I get a warning message of some sort?

[​IMG]

I don't want to do anything I don't understand that would mess up my cards that's why I did not enable this feature.

What does this do, make you cards run hot?

An what drivers would I choose if I were to enable this feature?

I am still a riikie at this Radeon Pro Tool, but it does help gaming to a degree :)

15. budhzie

budhzie New Member

GPU:
    shappire 5850 CF
    thank you very much japamd, with your tutorial now i can max all setting and fps never drop from 60fps with vsync enabled.
    great solution :)

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    i own both shifts and both look really good and run totally smooth on 1 gpu so dunno ya point tbh

17. MBerkO

MBerkO Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 760 OC 2 GB
    I have an HD 5970, and I use 11.5b. I did all things which you said. But, there is no difference. I'm getting about 30 FPS and I am still getting flickering. I tried with 11.5 CAP5, and I also tried without any CAPs. Both of them are the same. What is the problem? How to fix the problem?

18. guy_uoft

guy_uoft Active Member

I'm using 11.5b Cap5 with crossfire 5870 and eyefinity 4080x768, I'm playing all maxed out with AA on high and i"m getting 80 fps in day races and around 60-80 fps in night races. No flickering, no radeon pro, no renaming, just straight up.

You need to do a clean install of the game and drivers, then update to the latest Shift 2 patch and 11.5 Cap5.

19. MBerkO

MBerkO Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 760 OC 2 GB
    I tried it, but I didn't notice any difference.