1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shenmue 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    No it issnt. Email is also not valid. Its the same as the survey. Show me this "confirmation" what ever it says email..

Also im not discussing this any further, theres other lawyers saying the exact same thing. Only because you or other people interpret this differently..

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    FALSE

Run along now, you don't know what a contract of sale is.

MerolaC likes this.
  3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Oh, yes i do...but i guess lawyers dont lol. Also, contract of sale...read better what the lawyer says or maybe you dont have an understanding for these things. I think its cristal clear. Contract of sale never said you get a steam key at release, period, fact! So wheres the email, hmm, still waiting...!? Again, "confirmation" about choosing at survey, Steam, is not valid!!!

Also never heard they sent emails where they confirm you get a Steam key, AT RELEASE, and thats the important thing. They can say you get a Steam key, but never stated you get one at release, only digital copy! Try to sue them with this, ask a lawyer, you have zero chances!!! Have fun...now move along.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    From the latest kickstarter update:

Hopefully they do right by their backers and provide the steam keys we expected. If it's just some lame attempt to justify why they took the deal people are going to go even more ballistic.

MerolaC likes this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    What is there to assess?

Either give the backers Steam keys, or give them refunds.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I have multiple case references i can throw at you, but learn to google search instead of looking wrong on a forum.

MerolaC likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea yong covered it this am and quartering i thing good news for backers least they get their moeny vs well F you well that would have lead to law suits i suspect consumer rights etc if there any left in america,

oh wait there are not but if WE HAD consumers rights yea they could not have just fobbed off people that backed for a product and told that product would be delivered as expected then the rules changed at the 13th hour with little or no notification. that pretty illegal in advertising and product sales you cant do that.

KS better step in and have some refund guarantee of a projects terms or conditions change for ANY reason they must grant dissatified backers refunds. why not? you not getting the thing you wanted.

And nm if epic and these companies REALLY wanted they could honor steam keys for the game. While having the buy period exclusive to epic. They not really helpless here in solving this issue if they REALLY had a mind to.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Lol Deep Silver actually got Epic to pay for refunds too. Whatever ... as long as people can get their money back or even the steam key a year later, if they actually want to let these people keep their money that long, it's fine.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I don't understand why it's so hard to just go hey if you backed and want a Steam key like what was promised at release you can have that instead of the epic launcher version.... it's not like the game doesn't have a Steam page already https://store.steampowered.com/app/878670/Shenmue_III/

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    It's because Epic wants its 1 year exclusivity. Valve will not generate keys if it's not available for sale on steam itself.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That's what I find so stupid, you would think the developer would want their product available to as many people as possible on the platform that has the most possible potential customers, and then having it available on many other platforms including the epic launcher... even gog... epic is basically treating crowdfunded projects as a quick way to purchase users for their launcher, this whole situation is so f'ked up.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    emperorsfist likes this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Thing is, Epic didn't do this out of the "kindness of their hearts".
    This only came because of the massive negative backlash, anger and flat out hate it instantly sparked.

And, they seem to think allowing backers to get a Steam key... a YEAR later will make up for it.
    They are so blind to what the community actually wants... it is shocking.

emperorsfist likes this.
  14. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Let's face it, they're not blind, they just don't care. This was never about consumers (seeing how the only consumer positive outcome of the Epic Store - the cheaper games - is only for US gamers, we from the rest of the world pay the normal prices), but about Epic quickly muscling it's way on the market. I believe that the new tactic will be to go for the Kickstarter projects, where you deal with small studios that don't need to be payed that much for an exclusive deal, and they still have enough of a following to get potential users to use the highly inferior storefront (except the Linux gamers, Epic doesn't give a $hit about those...).

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Oh I agree.
    They have already gotten a couple kickstarter projects, and the reaction has not been great.

Makes me glad the only Kickstarter I backed (Prodeus), the guys behind it have already said there will be no exclusivity, no special deals... the game is on Steam. And that's where it will stay.

emperorsfist likes this.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Weird they seem to have missed mentioning that Epic were covering the refunds or have I mis read this?

As for the folk saying well I don't see why they can't just give away Steam keys, has anyone looked in to what Valve's position on that matter is? I get that it's easy and the popular thing to blame Epic / The Developer of the game for any and all failings but I don't really see what benefit Valve would take from allowing them to use their service for a game that I think wouldn't generate any money due to the keys already being issued and paid for through what amounts to a third party seller?

Possibly, or if you're a developer what you're seeing right now is if you go with Epic you get a larger cut of the cash, you get a nice little kickback for going with them, you're L4L sales don't seem to be affected, yes you'll have to deal with the hate and the folk saying I won't buy from Epic I'll just wait till it goes to Steam, so you still end up getting the sale in the long run and now if the sh*t really hits the fan Epic will step in to bail you out. If you're a developer and a smaller one at that why wouldn't you go with Epic? I mean your other option is Steam. Your game gets buried in the quagmire of rubbish that populates that store front, so yes a larger user base on a better store front but also a much much MUCH larger competition for attention, Valve take a larger cut, they don't pay you to use their service YOU pay them and they seem to offer little if any assistance when things go wrong.

Maybe I am missing something but from the non consumer side Epic seems like a logical win. Have I missed anything other than weather consumer backlash that would sell Steam over Epic if I was a developer?

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I don't know.
    I can't speak for developers/publishers... because I'm not them.

I can only speak from the consumer side, because that's the side I'm on.
    The few people in the industry I know, have said they won't go with Epic because they dislike how Epic treats consumers. Forcing their hands, and feel exclusivity hurts a game. No matter what form it's in.

I remember one said they want their game in the hands of as many people as possible. And exclusivity, even timed, hurts that.

I mean, even Microsoft, who had a previous relationship with Epic due to the Gears of War series, are choosing Steam over them. Saying, gamers should have the choice of where to buy their games.
    Sometimes, it's better to go for what's better for the consumer. Yes, smaller studios may not have that luxury, but some have said it's worth taking that risk instead of having the negative backlash going with Epic gives.

The main thing is the exclusivity. That has always been a dirty word on the PC platform.
    And, instead of proving themselves, Epic have gone the exclusivity path to try and force their way into the competition. They keep saying it's the only way to "fix" or improve the current system. It's not, it's the easiest way to force your hand.
    Using the massive amounts of cash Fortnite has brought them, they can try to force their hand instead of working and earning their place.
    Hell, I know guys at Remedy who were pissed about Control being Epic exclusive for a year. Their big thing with leaving MS was getting away from exclusivity and limitations, they were excited to be able to bring their games to all players. But, they got a publisher for Control that traded it in for another form of exclusivity.

Keitosha likes this.