1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shenmue 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Jun 15, 2015.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Not that I was ever interested in this, but clearly remember when they got up at E3 on Sonys’ stage and asked for Kickstarter money. So they got some backing from Sony and Kickstarter and then got a publisher for even more money and now they also go after the Epic store money? WOW! WFT are they making? Star Citizen lol?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    how to break the law and your kickstarter trust in one fell swoop.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    This is basically what happens when you jump into bed with Deep Silver, starting to build quite the reputation for themselves.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    You know I really enjoyed the original Shenmue on the Dreamcast. I was much, much younger then (13), but it was amazing to me then and so huge.

Sad to see this company being like this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I was thinking about this today, the way EA handled the launch of Origin was pretty good, albeit I am not really a fan of EA or Origin.

I purchased Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Steam, EA then went, hey everyone who purchased BFBC2 on Steam you can use your Steam key to activate BFBC2 on Origin if you want to try out Origin, if my memory of the time period is correct Origin was just shifting from being the EA Download Manager > Origin and EA was trying to get more users, so this was a clever way of getting people to have a look at Origin with literally no backlash.

epic is handling trying to get more users for it's platform very very badly, at this stage they are essentially purchasing users via gobbling up kickstarter projects..... there is another crowdfunded game via fig that epic has purchased an exclusivity time period for called "WHAT THE GOLF?", although in this case it looks like the developers will be giving steam keys to those who backed the game and want what was originally promised.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    He needed the money to make Shenmue No. 9 as well.

Keitosha likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    *eye twitches*

[​IMG]

cerebus23 and Keitosha like this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Don't forget he also wanted to make the spinoff crossover with Godus.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Just saw what this game is,

Lol ... this is what Epic bought out? Good on the developers, easy no-risk cash-out after making this game that looks like a 6/10 at best.

Back to stalking Segachan while they release Yakuza 6 on PC!

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Epics business strategy is so strange and illogical that I'm stunned every time I read about sudden exclusives. On the other hand Koch Media is at it again so maybe it's not a surprise that it even happened. Some CEO there is probably laughing all the way to the bank.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Apparently, Kickstarter doesn't want to do anything (according to the thread over on KS)... It also seems that physical copies will be reduced to empty boxes with keys...

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Wow.

These guys didn't just shot themselves in the foot... they full on just looked down the barrel.

emperorsfist likes this.
  13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I hope they did. Unless there are repercussions, nothing will change.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Start up the lawsuits.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Its not that theres a law you can go against, you know...if people want to sue, they loose, simple is that. Theres an article on german video magazine which explains why suing wont have any chances and its not against the law persé. Its just a dicky move and people will remember this.

To summen it up: Nowehere its said you get a Steam key, the survey issnt counting. And thats basicially all its needs. Gonna post the article here https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/shenmue-3-epic-store-exklusiv-kein-geld-zurueck,3345189.html

So it also doesnt matter where you live. Just the thing above is important to the case.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    They're fucking morons to forcibly keep those people's money. Is a few dollars worth the resentment? I've added DS to my ignore list in steam and I'll keep them there permanently if those people can't get their money back before the egs release. I don't want a penny of mine to go to them in the future.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    They wont get their money back, no refunds, thats 100% confirmed already...so its a perm ignore then for you on Steam ;) (not that DS would notice or even care :D)

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    As long as I don't waste my money on games published by them, I'm good too.

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    They got the money already. Epic made billions and billions from Fortnite. They can afford to pay several millions of dollars per exclusive, even smaller ones, to forcefully grab market share with their store.

Even if Shenmue 3 wouldn't sell even a single copy, they've already got their money from Epic.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

People received a confirmation email with steam key stated as what they were receiving, this constitutes a contract of sale.

Deviation from this contract requires both parties to agree to the new terms, the buyer in this case does not agree to EGS so they are required to be refunded.