Shell Shock 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Anyone else bought it? i have and i think it is very well done even though it seems to have attracted alot of negative reviews and comments :bang:

I think the voices, gameplay, graphics are very well done i enjoyed the first scene but this game seems like yet another unrated game and people have judged it before they have even tried it or even given it a chance

so whats your thoughts on it?

2. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Eurogamer: "With no multiplayer, and only ten levels, the game isn't even very long, but I still couldn't bring myself to finish it. It's no surprise that Eidos has been very quiet about it in the run-up to its launch today: had it been released on PS2, Shellshock 2 would have struggled to live up to the original's 6/10 legacy. Up against World at War, Killzone 2 and Halo 3, it's a complete joke. The worst FPS I've played since Turning Point: Fall of Liberty."

ouch....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/shellshock-2-blood-trails-review?page=1

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I got the game. And its the worst sh1t I've seen in a long time. Horrible graphics and even worst gameplay. Finished the 1st level and then... DELETE !!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  4. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    Hearing really bad things about this one...heh.

Canceled my pre-order. :(

Turning Point:Fall of Liberty wasn't THAT bad. I managed to finish it. ;) Then again, I finished SoF3, SAS:Secure Tomorrow, & Instinct recently also...lol.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i played the "leaked" version (still playing it).

before downloading the Leaked version i pre-ordered it from Amazon and decided to try the leaked one till the boxed copy arrives.

so far i love the game, no AA but i don't mind, really diggin' it. ;)

but don't mind me, i'm probably one of the few around here who can genuinely enjoy games considered mediocre or downright $hite. :D to each his own i guess.

6. vipk

vipk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1 Gb
    I "tried" it as I was very sceptical but on the other hand I liked the idea and I like the Vietnam war so I was really excited.

The beginning of the game was fine up to the point when you have to press buttons in the order the game tells you to press them. This sucks, you don't really focus on the fight anymore but just mash the flashing button :/

Sadly the game only got worse with each corner. Dumb AI, bad voice acting, cliché characters, the list goes on.

You might thing that at least the weapons and shooting will be satisfying but it's not. There is almost no difference between an AK or an M16. Latter on in the game I got my hands on an M14 (a semi-automatic rifle which fires a big calibre round). It took like 5 hits to the body to kill someone with this gun at almost point blank range. It seems all the guns do an equal amount of damage. Luckily the enemies don't know the word cover.

It's not that I want ultra realism or something but I do like things to make some sense. In this game they just don't. For instance you see your commander in a cinematic and then he is just gone. He disappears, only to reappear for a cinematic again. In between it is of course left to you to deal with the entire VC army.

The graphics suck too. Big time. I've seen people complain about Fear 2's graphics. Those people would probably cut their eyes out if they saw Shellshock 2 in action.

Of course if you enjoy the game, don't mind me. This is just my opinion. I really wanted this game to work but for me it fails at such basic features that I simply can't enjoy it at all.

PS: one more thing. The game also features some very explicit cruelty and violence. For instance I once had to button mash my way through an enemy and in the end I could chose whether to shoot him or hit him with the rifle. I chose the latter and my character really went ape**** on the guy. He just wouldn't stop hitting him. It reminded me of that scene in Platoon.