Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    With the PURE STEEL, Sharkoon Technologies introduces an ATX midi tower which puts individual creativity into the foreground. The spacious case catches the eye with its minimalist steel body and almos...

Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Looks nice, but what about dust filters?

3. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Wow this case is just a slightly re tooled IN WIN 101, its even got the same cutout inside for the two side 120mm fans but its blocked by a plate of metal that's screwed in, it also has the same graphics card anti sag bracket in the same spot too.

I do like the glass side panel a little better though, the one thing I don't like about my IN WIN 101 is that the side panel has those cheap looking pull tabs to remove it, its handy for quickly getting inside but they look cheap.

4. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    If they kept everything the same as the IN WIN 101, which it looks like they did cause I think I can see the outline of the dust filter on the bottom, the only intake is from the 3 fans on the bottom and there is a slide out removable dust filter on the bottom of the case.

cryohellinc likes this.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I think you will agree that that's kind of lacking.

6. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Interesting. How will airflow work in this case? The front panel is complete closed, so I am assuming they are going for bottom to top airflow. But the top looks completely closed as well. So I guess everything is depending on that rear exhaust fan trying to pull out the air coming from the bottom fans going through the graphics card. But there is also the option of adding two fans on the other side panel. From the the photos, looks like you need to remove the plate. And I am not sure what fan configuration should be there. Exhaust or Intake? If the former, all it is going to do is pull out cold air from the right most bottom fan. If the latter, won't do anything. I think it's only useful if you use a radiator there as an exhaust with the cold air from the right most fan helping.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yep, looks like bottom to top air flow, note the 3 fans in the bottom of the case and the large feet that create a large gap between bottom of case & the floor which allows the fans to breathe more effectively. I think this would be pretty damn good for GPU temperatures as blowing cold air right at the GPU; it's a good idea because you can keep the front panel uncluttered/minimalistic while having great airflow from underneath. CPU temperatures might suffer, but in my experience the GPU temperatures are more important for performance. I quite like the look of this case as well as the air flow layout, looking forward to seeing it tested on various websites for performance (at the moment Gamers Nexus offer the most comprehensive case reviews I think). My one concern is that there is only room for one exhaust fan by the looks of it, I think an additional exhaust fan in the top panel towards rear would be optimal, just talking about air cooled components here, not considering AIO or other liquid cooling.

MaCk0y likes this.
  8. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Its not lacking in my IN WIN 101 so I don't see why it would be lacking with the same setup on this case, all the air gets pulled in through the bottom where the filter is, and exhausted out the other fans on the rear and the side (if you remove the extra SSD tray and put fans there on the side that is).

My IN WIN 101 has actually been one of the best cases I have ever used for low amounts of dust building up inside and this case looks pretty much identical except for a few cosmetic differences.

9. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Its the same layout as the IN WIN 101, they just added an extra SSD tray over where the side fans go, if you remove that tray you can put another 2 120mm fans exhausting out the side of the case, I have my IN WIN 101 set up with my 240mm AIO exhausting out the side and 3 intake fans on the bottom and rear fan exhausting as well.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Minimalist PC case with tempered glass window. Yeah, right. Give me back my metal on every side like back in the day...