Shadowrun

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Copey, May 30, 2007.

1. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

there are dedicated servers for PC users. when playing on live it's matchmaking.

read the link i posted in my previous post.

2. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    anyone know how to team talk?? i havent got a mic

as i just got cavred up by my own guy and then he kicked me for some reason , havent a clue wot i did wrong

3. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Get a mic there is no other way...... And just to give an update this game rocks man i am so hooked to this cant stop playing

4. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    I also downloaded the demo for the 360 and they graphics are the same but with AA and AF turned up all the way on the pc it looks better... Also the 360 has motion blur when you turn real fast or zoom and the pc does not....

besides turning on VSYCN what is a better way to reduce screen tear

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    just thought id let people know that the poeple that play this game seem to be the most arogant people ive ever met , not only do the talk crap about me over the mic (cant talk back) but the thing is i aint actually done anything , i started in a game and got kicked for no reason at-all and its happend 4 out of the 5 games ive played , really crap

6. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    They kick you out of the room because you since dont have a mic and you dont talk back or your setting on the mic are wrong and they get alot of repeated noise. Check your live settings.

Go to personal settings then voice and see if the recording device is set to what you hear because if it is people kick you out because they are getting every sound of what you hear on your computer if that makes any sense to you..

So just press home on the keyboard
    then personal settings
    then voice
    then recording and see what its set to change it or just mute it

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  7. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Did you try it copey

8. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    it seems that the mic setting was all the way up , so i hopefully shouldnt get kicked now ive muted it lol

9. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Any console vs PC stories yet? I'm really waiting for that so we can finally see how keyboard and mouse rulez. I already know the answer to this though because I used to play Quake 3 online on my Dreamcast with a mouse and keyboard. The only matches I ever lost were to other keyboard and mouse players. Too easy................

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    problem is that 360 owners get a slight auto-aim to compensate , so its preety equal

11. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Hmmmmmm... Aimbots suck. Whats worse is that alot of console noobz wont even know that they are given a handicap.

12. Dierdre

Dierdre Banned

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7800GTX
    I got to play it some. Its a fun game but no way does it justify 50$

50$ to me means a full game, this feels almost like a counter strike expansion or mod.

Its so ripped from counter strike, nothing original here.

Then you have very few maps and no 1 player mode really.

To ask 50$ is to ask too much. It should be in the 30$ range that to me is acceptable.

To make it Vista only is abit rude aswell, there is no reason this shouldnt be able to run on XP, seems like a ploy to try to force more people on the OS.

Then to go and charge money to play online for certian features is even worse.

PC gaming has always been free to play online vs a cost of consoles thats a big plus (with the exception of things like mmorps) I dont like the direction MS is trying to move things twords.

So I dont hate the game at all, just its marketing. I'll buy it when the price comes down.

13. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    i would like some more comments on this game, and some more pics would be nice to.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

Yep.. guess I'm an idiot then. Since I've been having so many problems with it and all. What a dumb comment

15. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    pfft its nothing like the original RPG on the SuperNES and other platforms :(
    Its just an online shootemup with no singleplayer game.

"Microsoft took a hardcore role-playing game and turned it into an uninspired first person online shooter with no single player component, very few maps, and removed every ounce of its RPG heart. For diehard Shadowrun fans, this game will be nothing short of a dismal failure. Those who come into it without any preconceived notions, don't have the same horrific installation woes that we encountered, may enjoy it for the "gimmick" of Games for Windows LIVE and duking it out with Xbox 360 gamers in the battle for platform supremacy."

http://www.gamedaily.com/shadowrun/pc/game-reviews/5319/?articleID=42836

16. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    If anyone who's playing this game on PC, please tell me how many dedicated servers are there? I've read a few reviews and they said there isn't too many dedicated servers. I'm about to get this game, but prefer not to pay for the gold account. Don't wanna play with 360 players.

17. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    ^^same here.

18. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    ..is there a single player campaign?

19. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    nope , i had high hopes for the game but it seems it has that many server problems that its nearly unplayable , the official forums are plauged with complaints

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  20. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    what a load of ****:behead: