Shadowrun Returns

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by k1net1cs, Apr 6, 2012.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    For anyone who's (still) old enough to remember (the original) Shadowrun, rejoice!
    Shadowrun Returns has met its funding goal over at Kickstarter, with (still) 22 days left and (already) 50 grand over the funding goal of 500 grand.
    Will be available on PC, Mac, iOS & Android tablets, and most likely also Linux.

Damn.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Like most things associated with Shadowrun, this will most likely be really cool, or really terrible. Definitely worth keeping an eye on though.

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    HELL YES! He had me convinced with 'Level-Editor' and 'remember where we came from'.
    :)

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't know. The last game kind of ruined the franchise for me.

5. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    They know it failed, there's a scene in that video - somebody with a 'sorry' sign has to dodge stuff being thrown at him lol :D

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, that. :p

The latest Shadowrun wasn't done by its original creators; it was merely a 'based on' product.
    The latest Shadowrun is about the same as the latest Syndicate from EA; it's nothing like the original.

This one (Shadowrun Returns), however, is straight from the source, true to the core Shadowrun game, by the same guy who made FASA studio which made the original Mechwarrior and Shadowrun franchises.

7. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    i just hope its exactly like the old one but in 3d

8. Gembel

Gembel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    What? Shadowrun from SNES right? Wow i hope this is true. Shadowrun in 3D HD :D

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They have just stretched the goal to 1 million. o_O
    And if they manage to reach that goal, they'll add a second city to roam about, among other things.
    Also important to note, the extra cash past the first goal will be used to expand the original city (Seattle), so even if the 1 million isn't met, players will still get a larger, more detailed city to play in.

...and Riggers!

10. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Wow. Its really taking off isnt it? We've yet to see a kickass AAA title from Kickstarter.com being finished but i think we're getting there. coudl indeed change the world of gaming development as we know it.

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's kinda crazy when there's the 10k pledge and all three have been taken in less than a week after the Kickstarter fund is opened.

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just an update, and sorry for the double post & bump.
    The project has exceeded the 1 million goal with 13 days left and around 60K over.
    Good Lord.

Maybe EA should take a hint on the Syndicate franchise about not fixing what's not broken. ;)

13. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    If more Kickstarter projects will succeed in near future i bet we'll be seeing lots of publisher websites coming up: EAstarter, Ustarter, ROCKstarter .... :D

14. Gembel

Gembel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    I can' wait good old shadowrun :banana:
    I wonder when they will release this.

15. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Guys, no, don't think "this is going to be 3d shadowrun oh cool!!!" because you're setting yourself up for disappointment, especially considering the page says it's going to be a 2D game:
    It's also not going to be an AAA title, tho I'm not too sure how you determine this (budget perhaps? it would make sense I guess).
    In any case, 2D is able to create amazing looking environments and animations just as well as 3D can, so really there's nothing to be disappointed about either way.

I'm thrilled that developers are going to kickstarter to fund their projects instead of going to publishers, as this means they can do the games they want to make without any interference from the publisher.

Oh lord let's hope not.

16. Gembel

Gembel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Yup my bad :) I'm just over excited lol...
    Even 2D will still bring the excitement of the world of shadowrunners :)
    I think the game will have an isometric view just like the original and off course HD resolution hoho :banana:
    The first game was not AAA title but that was my first RPG :)
    I'm curious with the game as I never play a game style like that, but i keep trying (Yes I died a lot :D) and finished it in a month if i'm not forgotten hehe

17. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Shadowrun! One of the best games I ever played. I have been studing game programming in order to make a game a lot like shadowrun. I only played the sega genesis version though. It was amazing for that time. Some times I still play it on the sega just for kicks.

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EA = Sh!tstarter
    Ubisoft = FunDingRM
    Rockstar = PCporter

But I serf*ckingriously hope they don't.

I don't know what people's perception regarding 'AAA title' these days, but for its time, Shadowrun was pretty much an AAA title. =b

19. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
  20. MainframeTM

MainframeTM Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB
    this is GREAT news! I used to play the table top game with friends and have thought this would be great! Now if only they could make it moddable where you can have a DM controlling the world & you can set up Runs for your Runners to go on. Heck yea!