Shadowplay recording video output stutters

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Phroster, Jan 16, 2014.

1. LyrickCZE

LyrickCZE New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW @1282Mhz
    That seems something is messed with your GFE installation, I never had any issues you mention on Win7 or Win8 (haven't been brave enough to try Win10 yet). And yes I do have BF4 too with zero crashes so far even while recording. Well, I remember I had similar problem once with nVidia Streamer Service (part of the GFE) which was causing startup of my system to raise by like a full minute. But that was solved by uninstall, complete cleanup of everything nVidia and new install.

2. guru3d987

guru3d987 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I just registered to thank you. I never would have found the issue. It seems to be indeed the game and not ShadowPlay causing the huge stutter (didn't think about checking other games). I googled high and low and all the tips I found didn't make sense and/or didn't work (including the ones in this thread). I never would have expected the actual game to be the culprit. AC:Syndicate sets the CPU priority to high like Unity does (which I never played) and ShadowPlay doesn't like that at all. You can probably either set the exe higher than Syndicate or just lower Syndicates priority to normal which is what I did. The recorded videos now don't stutter anymore. They had been practically unwatchable before because it was so bad and frames kept skipping and what not. So now my Syndicate videos are (almost) perfect. I suppose it's as good as it gets, unless you're only using High End Hardware (SSDs, 16 cores, 32 GB of RAM and a SLI / High End single GPU) and I'm happy now. :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  3. LyrickCZE

LyrickCZE New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW @1282Mhz
    Glad to hear it worked out for you too. I can confirm it has indeed same effect in Syndicate

4. Theoryofgaming

Theoryofgaming Member

GPU:
    GT 740
    May be your CPU overloading of usage.