Shadow Warrior - Reimagining

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, May 10, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Divider of Heavens with fully upgraded Katana skills is pretty efficient, with those upgrades it will also restore health when you melee attack a enemy. :)

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    See, Jonas dosn't have any problems. :p

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Oh I do when I get swarmed with faster moving "fodder" enemies, I'm terrible at using the "whirlwind" like attack and I need to upgrade Ki better too.
    (Albeit focusing on self-healing has so far been very useful.)

EDIT: Nearly done going through all the various console commands, found something to control katana behavior.

10 g_katana_mouse_direction

0 - katana cuts depends on movement with aiming (no ALT)

1 - katana cuts depends on use mouse release

2 - katana cuts depends on use mouse press

3 - katana cuts depends on use mouse, possible to continue cuts while holding mouse

4 - katana charge depends on use mouse press (no ALT)

5 - random

6 - depending on targeted bone

7 - random, but next cut is always on opposide side

8 - katana cuts depends on movement (like 0, but no aiming)

9 - like 2 mode, but ALT also behaves like 2 mode

10 - like 9 mode, but play anim always on other side, not using mouse - from keyboard

11 - like 9 mode, but LMB no up/down, RMB no left/right cuts when no mashing, not using mouse - from keyboard

Better than just having those three options in-game.
    (7 is casual, 10 is basic and 11 is advanced.)

EDIT: 3 is pretty good so far, can hold down either mouse button and then move around depending on how I want to slash.

EDIT: This dictates katana speed.
    g_katana_cut_animation_speed
    (1.0 is normal, 0.x is slow motion and 1.x is fast speed.)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Odd that the GOG version of the game has not been updated to 1.0.4. We are still sitting on version 1.0.2

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm playing the game with the Xbox 360 controller and find it difficult to pull off the various Katana moves. Double tapping the left analogue stick, which is used for movement, in conjunction with the right trigger just doesn't feel particularly comfortable to me and I usually just end up moving forward, back or sideways a bit! I am using the Basic Mode though so I don't know if the Advanced one would make the controls any easier. I guess I'll have to try it?

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    When I used a pistol, I died within 2 minutes.

When I used the katana.... I haven't died yet.

I don't find the graphics appealing, or maybe its just the art style that isn't sitting right with me, but the katana gameplay is AWESOME.

I hate to say it, but this is my hack n slash fix before metal gear rising hits pc. After that INSANE hack n slash daily, even better than million stabs.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    The graphics are awesome, but after chapter 3..

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Just use Mouse+Keyboard for this, it's made to played like played like that.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The way you do the various slashes varies depending on mode, those combos which you double tap to move right, left, forward and backward does not change from what I know.
    (With primary attack for sword strikes and secondary attack for Ki powers.)

10. BobSamuel

BobSamuel New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX M Series
    All Commands and Console Variables in the link down below.. BUT remember you may need a cracked executable to enable those commands for debug/developer mode.. I'm not sure but they all seem to work in my case so yeah ;)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

http://pastebin.com/Wij2GrSD

11. BobSamuel

BobSamuel New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX M Series
    below is a link for all the commands in this game...

cheats:

imbad (God mode, must enter after level load)
    g_infinite_ammo (infinite ammo)
    g_fall_never_kills 1 (no fall damage)
    g_player_speed 12.6 (2x player speed)
    s_fly_mode 1 (enables noclipping)
    r_wireframe 1 (enable wireframe mode)
    r_wireframe_lights 1 (enable wireframe lights)
    s_time_multiplier 2 (speed hack)

http://pastebin.com/Wij2GrSD

12. BrightSideSC

BrightSideSC Member

GPU:
    blank
    Very few games hold as much of a nostalgic impact on my life as Shadow Warrior... "You no mess'a with Lo Wang!!!". The only other game that I hold in similar regard in this genre is Duke Nukem 3D... the new Duke Nukem was horribad..

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I noticed this game had yet another patch yesterday and, although I wouldn't swear to it, I thought the performance felt a bit better when I played it last night. It's hard to say with absolute certainty though since I was playing a different chapter (9 in case you're curious).

I think this game is really great fun even if the level design seems to have become a bit dull in the last couple of chapters, leaning towards dull industrial complexes and whatnot. The combat is so much fun and the humour is very welcome. I feel this game has not had the acclaim it deserves really with most reviews I've read giving it between 6 and 7 out of 10. It's an 8 at least in my book, pushing on 9. So entertaining. The katana gets a full mark for its inclusion. Love it.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233130/discussions/0/846965882758858161/

Should cover what each update released so far has done. :)

1.0.1 isn't mentioned and I believe it was exclusive to the GOG edition of the game, there isn't any info on what was changed other than some critical issue being addressed but from what I've read it seems it fixed a oversight which made the restricted console commands accessible, thus why the debug and cheat CVAR's work in the original GOG version.
    (Which was also uploaded online shortly afterwards.)

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    4 patches and still no performance improvements with mirrors enabled..

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The option turns on real-time reflections on various surfaces such as water and certain metals so I don't really know if they could do anything to optimize it further.
    (I don't know how the actual shader looks though, there might be some gains to be had from working with that.)

Changing the reflection resolution could work but the results would be very pixelated and blurry like with the mirror when Lo Wang shaves his head.

Unsure if FSAA also affects the mirrored surfaces which would also be one way of improving performance if they do but then you would see a lot of aliasing on them.
    (For water and such with refraction it wouldn't be very noticeable but for still puddles and metal it would be much more visible.)

I don't think the blood is fully reflective come to think of it, that would be a neat effect to add but it wouldn't exactly help with the performance impact that the effect causes when enabled. :D

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    The problem is that the game can utilize only 3 cores, that's why it sucks when it comes to performance..

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I had not checked the CPU utilization, that's very interesting and a bit of a issue then if the game is CPU limited just because it doesn't take advantage of all the available cores. :)

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    The game reminds me of Painkiller...

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Here you are
    Shadow Warrior – PC Performance Analysis