Shadow Warrior - Reimagining

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, May 10, 2013.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I turned the volume of and just watched the video.
    Much like I do when watching video reviews on IGN or Gametrailers. I just want to watch the game... don't need some pompous ass telling how they feel about it. ;)

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I know that feeling. ;)

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I basically said the same thing about him on the Steam forums about his Rise of the Triad review and was quickly called every derogatory name in the book. Glad at least some of you feel the same way about him.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I would rather watch videos without someone commentating on what they think of a game, but those type of videos are like gold dust....

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I enjoy TotalBiscuit's WTF is... videos although I admit he can come across as being a bit overbearing, loud and pompous at times. He knows his stuff though and is one of the few PC gamers who does videos that not only detail the game mechanics, since that is what interests him, but also show the video options. I find those especially useful.

As for the Shadow Warriors remake, it looks a lot of fun so I'm interested, more so when I heard the developers of Hard Reset are coding it. I was a bit confused about this game originally, having seen the Redux version listed on Steam and wondering why on earth people were getting so hyped up about what looked like a Duke Nukem 3D clone running on an engine from 1994 complete with blocky textures and 2D sprites. I then saw TotalBiscuit's video yesterday and realised that this was the game people were excited about... thank goodness for that as I thought everyone had gone mad!!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Apart from having to look at the two reviews faces for 16 minutes. ;)

8. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Sword combat looks epic and really brutal. Bring it on!

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Considering same people made Painkiller (members of People Can Fly) and Hard Reset i would say this will be good.

September 26th is not far, can't wait. :p

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Steam have this listed and it's £29.99 with a 15% discount to £25.49, which IMO is still a bit too pricey considering this is a reimagining of an old game. I was hoping it would be £15 or less like the recent Rise of the Triad. May have to wait until it's discounted or in a sale before I buy this one. I definitely want the game though; it's looked great fun in TotalBiscuit's WTF is video.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Just noticed this earlier, games looks like it could be alot of fun and not something you have to take too serious.

Not really a fan of the visual style, but i can live with it.

I do agree it seems abit overpriced though, but these guys won't be selling a huge amount of copies so probably need higher margins.

14. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    the graphics should be better, Hard resent was good but the developer should go for DX11 its about time IMO. add dx11 features to it.

I hope they add advance graphics and complement the pc gamers. afterall the classic game was for pc.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I managed to snag this for under £22 using a discount code but I still feel it's a tad too expensive for an HD remake even if it's a complete rewrite. And wasn't this game due out this week? I'm sure last week it said there was a week to go to release but now it shows as 26th September, over two weeks away! Has it been put back or did I just misread the release date?

As for the engine, I'm betting it'll be the same DX9 one used for Hard Reset with (barely adequate) FXAA and FSAA x2/x4 options.

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    I also have a discount coupon for this game, I actually received 2 for some reason. But I am not repurchasing any games anymore and will wait for a sale. The Bureau is a mess, no updates have been released, not even a word from the developers, Rome II is a mess, the patches released so far do absolutely nothing to fix issues. Seen a few reviews for this game, and they seem to all rate it, but I have a feeling these chaps gets kick back for good reviews. Rome II got good reviews, and look at the mess.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ PurSpyk! - The Bureau is, indeed, a mess performance wise with GF Experience recommending I lower/turn off most or all of the DX11 and PhysX settings, which kind of makes me wonder what kind of setup is needed to run this game completely maxed out at 60 fps. It's an Unreal Engine 3 game for goodness' sakes; it should run perfectly on mid-range PCs nevermind high-end ones. The graphics are certainly decent but they're by no means stunning (anti-aliasing for example is pathetic and character model closeups are not tessellated fully such that shoulders appear angular, etc., etc.) compared with the likes of Crysis 3 or Battlefield 3.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  19. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Sorry if SEB, Preloading now on Steam!!!!!!!

20. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    any review ?