Shadow Warrior 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Multiplayer character skins, from what I saw of the Alienware one it's the default model with a unique color scheme. :)
    (Used for giveaways but this works too. :D - https://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/shadow-warrior-2-alienware-dlc-giveaway )

2. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Hi all, didnt see this game on the front page yesterday so I made a thread that got closed. So I guess I will ask my question here.

I havent played this game yet but this game is purportedly the 1st game to use both High Dynamic Range (HDR) and NVIDIA’s Multi-Res Shading technology. This basically reduces image quality at the outer edges of the screen while maintaining the res/quality settings in the middle of the screen. In this way pascal GPUs can render 4k60 with a slight reduction in total screen image quality.

So, I guess my question to anyone who has the gear and game, how does it look? Is the image quality reduction good/bad? Very noticeable?

Thanks, from an inquisitive pascal user.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/shadow-warrior-2-nvidia-multi-res-shading

There's a comparison on GeForce.com along with a explanation of the technology.

It also requires a Nvidia 900 series Maxwell or 1000 series Pascal GPU it seems.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/341537388321057889/

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You also need a W10 anniversary update, its a wddm 2.1 thing, right?

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    my game only boots with sli disabled. Anyone else have this?

6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Well the game is a lot of fun, I didn't really like SW1 but SW2 is keeping me entertained. It's basically Doom with swords and a wise cracking main character. I'm having some minor issues with what feels like frame pacing as my frame rate is rock solid but sometimes it feels like it's not, and the mouse feels a little heavy akin to using VSync but I'm not. Overall I am loving the Wang so far.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The games ive called over the last few months have been deserving of it, even within the last week Mafia 3 turned out to be the turd i knew it would be.

Its not my fault the majority of you are so addicted to gaming that you cant stop yourself from buying every game that comes out and then blindly defending it when you come up against some criticism, because you dont want to admit you got ripped of by yet another lazy ass dev/pub.

Just because you cant see that the state of gaming is utter trash tier, doesnt mean that other people are not allowed to have their say.

Im looking forward so see you all fail to practice what you preach when this years COD comes out.

And with this comment, you can **** right off:
    "You always seem to have performance and stability issues in games. And it's always the games fault, even when other people have no issues. "

It you who always comes out and states that he has zero problems ever release. EVERY release when the entire planet is having issue, you have the one versions with no issues.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  8. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    [​IMG]

:D That aside, I'm having great fun with the game. Playing it through in SP mode, then I'll hit up the harder settings in co-op.
    For the most part the game runs great, however I do get the odd fps drop in certain areas. Characters aside I think the game looks fantastic and I've spent a good amount of time just mucking about in photo mode.

HOWEVER! If I hear 'mess with the bull, you get the wang' one more time I'm gonna lose it :D

9. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    New update on GOG...

10. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    ...And right after another one 1.1.2.0...no changelog

11. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    New patch on Steam as well:

Patch 1.1.2.0
    Fixed game stuck on loading on second level on 2 core CPUs without HT
    Fixed crash on gem swap in weapons
    Restored NVIDIA Multi-Res option for non EN languages

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Awesome how quickly FWH are pushing out these small fixes.

But, game is fantastic. About 6 hours into it, absolutely love the use color and the art design in the visuals. Game really looks gorgeous.
    And I still love the sword play combat in this series.

So glad Devolver Digital bought the SW IP from 3DRealms.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Soo maybe i am an idiot, or my game is bugged, but i have to open the mission map and travel to someplace.

But i look in the controls menu and all i see is map, i look at the controller menu and select seems to be hold for mission map, but how do i get there on keyboard? tried holding M to open the thing nada, even tried my controller and that did not work ds4 and i cannot even get the map to open with select/share button.

14. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB

Minimap opens with M, but you get to the quest map (and skills menu etc) via I

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah. You access the "missions" menu from your inventory. Once in your inventory, you can see "Missions" in the top left hand corner of the screen.

From there you can select which mission you want to take on.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Ahh give me a group durrr for not checking there thanks.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So i am 5h+ into the game and didnt fire a single bullet. Killing everything with a melee dmg gives so much more satisfaction.

I've finished the SW1 the same way.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i try but the floaty ranged mobs i find too annoying to melee so i shogun those, and the other ranged humanoids got that knockback that does a good bit of damage so i shogun those also.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I stick to melee a lot, but the shotgun is so much fun to use. Specially on some of the human enemies... and when you've got an elemental damage added to it.

Lots of fun.

Currently, trying to find an akimbo upgrade for my pistol that doesn't kill damage and accuracy.
    I've got two different ones, but each one drops damage by like 25%, knocks accuracy down a LOT and reduces reload time.

20. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Shotgun and sword for me pretty much all the way, grenade launcher for bigger enemies.