Shadow of the Tomb raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    New big patch today with lots of goodies!
    Link

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Damn, I really should get back to playing this.
    Plus, I bought Sunset Overdrive. And got that free copy of Destiny 2 (which I'm not feeling... game kind of feels like a chore)... and Darksiders III next week.

The hell.

And, with all this, I've been replaying old games like Soldier of Fortune, and Dark Forces 2...

Rich_Guy likes this.
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Blowing that guys knob off, never gets old :D

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Lara the slayer in Tomb Raider 2013 and the two sequels + comics certainly had her moments but yeah Mullins and Soldier of Fortune and it's sequel (Third game? What third game. :p ) were really fun little shooters what with GHOUL and it's successor in the sequel. (Plus it was utilized in the Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy games.)

(Note, lots and lots of bass. Seems to be a thing with the sound design and gun effects for the first SOF really.)

Though I think Lara killed more doods overall. (And that's the very first game for this reboot trilogy, she got used to it really quick.)

In various ways. (That's Rise of the Tomb Raider though.)
    [​IMG]

Although the original concept art for the very first game had some out there designs too.

[​IMG]
    (ALL the guns, and some severed heads for the skull room in the manor too.)

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Such a good sequel this,love every part of it

6. Caesar

Caesar Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Damn good... game just finished.....! :) ..........love all the landscapes and beautiful mystic puzzles.....

At a certain point, i thought of "Jonah" being a traitor....lol

With Ansel:
    https://********/GWJRy3x/Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-Screenshot-2018-11-24-10-44-07-67.png

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That's interesting, seems the ending cutscene differed in the unpatched version of the game.

Some more references to the prior installments which were then removed for some reason.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    What's that green tube thing hanging from her waste? I can't figure it out.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I think it's supposed to be a grenade launcher but it looks like she stole Samus Aran's arm cannon from her Metroid games. :D

EDIT: Huh it's still easy to find the art of Lara from the very first game but try the sequels and it starts jumping to 2013 and the current series instead.

[​IMG]

Though it's basically 1990's video game action heroine I suppose and then the design and character was refined over the sequels though Eidos made some marketing and other deals (Playboy for one.) which as far as I recall the original creator was really not pleased with how that was handled.

And then comics, books spin-off material including a TV show for a younger audience which I don't know what the final name was but the early name for it was Pre-Teen Raider.
    (EDIT: Ah it's Revisioned: Tomb Raider it seems. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1133805 )

Will be interesting to hear what the next plans for the franchise is if there is anything assuming sales and such allows for it. Might end up being frozen for a while otherwise but I guess we'll see.

I think Square Enix is less over-optimistic about sales targets too unlike the Tomb Raider 2013, Hitman Absolution and Deus Ex Human Revolution game revivals and reboots but I don't know what the target was for Shadows of the Tomb Raider and the current already pretty hefty discount is somewhat telling.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  10. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    When i played this game i thought of San Juan

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Are the old man's hands trembling due to age diseases or knowing how dangerous Lara can be :D

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Old man Winston probably came right out of the freezer considering that's where Lara keeps the old butler when he's not needed. :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    lucidus likes this.
  13. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    gief rtx shadows so I can buy the game only to realize it's unplayable and then complain about it!

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
  15. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    My score 6/10
    Was disappointed with how Lara Croft has evolved and the story line was mediocre with Commander Rourke put into the story line as a pretend be antagonist.
    This trinity character never felt real as per ROTTR trinity character Konstantin.

Heck even Jacob felt more real and personal than the recent #metoo female character of uneratu. Lots of movies and games are promoting the #metoo female character and TBH it's overdone.

ramthegamer likes this.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Square Enix has announced that the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Free Trial will go live on the Windows via Steam later today. According to the press release, players will experience the beginning of Lara Croft’s latest adventure as they journey to Cozumel, Mexico in the midst of The Day of the Dead celebrations, where Lara and her trusted friend Jonah must race against Trinity to find a hidden tomb.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/free...aider-will-be-available-on-steam-later-today/

progression made carries over to the game

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Oh hell.
    I still have to finish this. I got into Darksiders III and pretty much forgot about this.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    can i have it then i cant even afford a copy of either right now lol

jk

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, I've finished Darksiders III... so, back to Tomb Raider I go. ;)

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    still need to finish this amazing game, it's weird that it seems to have commercially struggled, game is great.