Shadow of the Tomb raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    And miles worse in others, like no self window refresh for high traffic folders, like all the spyware, like the bundled spy apps cough *skype* cough, the sheer pita turning off automatic updates vs one fing setting. Candy crush being installed by default....., the updates that break stuff and dl in the background nm wtf your doing, dx12 not being as wiz as hyped to be. And seeming to be slower in some areas period.

IAmGhostDog and lucidus like this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Tell me when there is actual gameplay, not some lame CGI teaser :p

lucidus likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah that guy is on some personal mission to advocate Win 10 and classify users of anything else as trash. Also all sound cards are trash and... well you get the picture.

It's always nice when people join the forums who have nothing to contribute. To anything.

#ignoreFTW

ObscureangelPT likes this.
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    If Microsoft throws enough money their way, they might opt for the path taken by Sea of Thieves. But I doubt MS is interested in the last chapter of a trilogy.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TR 2013 began a trilogy? WTF :p Why does every thing have to be a trilogy (except Valve)?

SoT is a MS game so they get to do what they want. SE has been publishing on the MS store for a while now and I really doubt they're seeing many PC only users (ie. people not using the xbone license they must be getting with the purchase). They'd have to get a pretty big premium to compensate for the colossally smaller sales figures they're bound to get lol.
    The only time I remember excitement for buying Rise on the store was when there was a shortcoming in their purchasing system allowing people to buy it for $10 from their Ukrainian store.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And there are thousands of users who would say Win7 is better then Win10 in most aspects.

Both OS have their benefits, and both have their shortcomings. But, the bottom line is Win7 is still the most wildly used OS for PC based gamers.
    Doesn't matter how some personal opinions on which OS is better go...
    I have Win10 on my PC, but my secondary PC... uses Win7. Several of my closest friends use Win7 and have no interest in updating to 10 until they have no other choice.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    I love Windows 7 and only upgraded to 10 because it was free. I totally hated the default look, after installing classic shell and making it look more like old style Windows I'm happy with it. As for Shadow of the Tomb Raider I'll definitely buy it, when its on a Steam sale. I just can't justify paying $60 for a game unless it's something I know is gonna be worth it. Battlefield 4, Witcher 3, Mortal Kombat X are the last games I bought on release day.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I update to Windows 10 regularly.. but I then re-install Windows 8.1 when I realize whatever new build of 10 still triggers ocd, headaches, and overall bad feelings towards my pc.

Maybe Windows 11 will be better.
    Awkward Laughter

With that said, the new Tomb Raider trailer didn't do anything for me, I like Lara but the trailer was just "meh".

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, honestly, none of the trailers for the previous Tomb Raider games really "wowed" me.
    I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider because I loved the previous one, but I thought all the trailers for it were garbage.

And, I only got the Tomb Raider reboot because it was gifted to me.

So, I fully expect the trailers for this one to suck, but I'll still buy the game. Because I had very positive things to say about the previous two.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Windows 10 is basically just a small jump from windows 7 experience,i never use cortana or any of the features add to that, forza motorsport 7 doesnt run unless its on win10 so many games will ask for it, win 7 sometime soon they will ask u in more games for win 10,so i d rather just do the upgrade when they ask for it and its free so what more to ask

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mortal Kombat X on release?! Man ...no way you're pre-ordering anything for life :p

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I preordered shadow of the tomb raider - croft edition

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Both the 2013 reboot and Rise were great games (bar the weird character arc Lara goes through in the first game from timid explorer to cold-killing hardass!) but I fear that Shadow will be just more of the same and perhaps not prove to be as enjoyable as the first two games. Rise was good but it did not move on much beyond the first game and was "just more of the same". The trademark tombs still made up only a small part of the gameplay for example.

Time will tell but the previews so far, admittedly based on only an hour of gameplay, haven't exactly been raving. One preview (Eurogamer) even commended on how overly serious and lacking in humour the game was.

Then again I've just played God of War, which is perhaps the best single player action game I've played to date on any platform (and a stunning reinvention of an ageing franchise), and with Red Dead Redemption II out later this year (on PS4 and Xbox One anyway), the only game that is likely to be better, I suspect Shadow will just be a competent end to the trilogy and nothing special, likely overlooked by the time the votes for Game of the Year come around.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I hope RDR 2 comes to pc, which i am 80% sure it will so they can sell 2 copies to those console people and moar coyotecards for suckers.

Would also love to see god of war come to pc but hell will probably freeze over before sony would allow that. That game is selling ps4s atm.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Crofty! :D

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    chispy likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You could get it for some £35 at GMG a few days ago but I passed. I'd like to know more on how it really looks before buying it. I loved the two previous ones so I hope I won't be disappointed with this one.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks nice but that dialog is too cringey for me :p

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC