Shadow of the Tomb Raider Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today Square Enix and Eidos Montréal released ten minutes of gameplay of their upcoming action-adventure game Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The gameplay is narrated by Narrative Director Jason Dozois an...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Gameplay Video

Fox2232 likes this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  3. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    After last game (Rise of the Tomb Raider) which I thought was pretty bad in comparison to Tomb Raider 2013 reboot, I was wondering can they f@ck it up even more.
    And guess what from the early looks of the gameplay they just did.

Meet Tomb Creed aka Ass *cough* assin Raider.

I see Ubification is spreading even beyond Ubisoft games. Even if this game will be above avarege I doesn't resemble a Tomb Raider we all know and love.

4. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    I tried many times but I just can't stand the gameplay mechanics in this game. IDK what it is, it just seems like an annoying clunky game that disconnects itself every so often doing some stupid mundane task.

5. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    why call it Shadow of the Tomb Raider? Why not Tomb Raider 3 (2018)?
    Will we play as a shadow?
    Is her shadow relevant to the story?
    Does "shadow" indicate it's a prequel or maybe a story that centers around how her previous choices have far fetched consquences?
    Or is it a simpleton naming those games?

Also, gameplay. WTF? Abandon ship. This gameplay suits more a predator/rambo game.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Assassin's Creed style berserk darts and Batman's inverted takedowns in a Lara Croft game? It's just weird. Looks like an okay game with good production values that you won't even recall after finishing it.

7. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I played both of the previous games on PC and PS4 - that's exactly how I would describe them. They're fun in the moment, but didn't leave me with any lasting impression (other than the sound of the wind chimes...).

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Unless you're a gay male, why? (and even then, I don't think gay men especially care).
    If you're a straight male, a 3rd-person action game with a female protagonist is, at the very least, better to look at than a male.
    If you're a female, it could feel more relatable or maybe empowering.
    If you look at it in a practical sense, a bulky man in a 3rd-person view takes up more of your field of view.
    Considering this is a video game, the character will always be as capable or incapable as necessary to the plot or gameplay.

Caesar likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I really dislike that they have apparently taken so many elements from Asscreed... they are not good games imo, so why would they use any of their gameplay elements... the tombs still look awesome in tomb raider though.

However, it looks worse than rise of the tomb raider visually... hopefully it is due to running on a crappy console...

Rise of the tomb raider on my pc

[​IMG]

Imo that looks alot better than what they have shown with shadow of the tomb raider... i fear it's due to being alot more open world than rise of the tomb rather, which forced them to dial the visuals down, but i hope it's simply due to running on a consolololol.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  10. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    ................ your screenshot seems to be pasted onto MS PAINT....... (MOST PIXELS washed OUT.......)

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    You're overthinking this. It's simply that some men can't project themselves into a female protagonist. When I play a male character, I can identify and pretty much think it's me. That's more difficult to do with a female protagonist. But I can still make it work and it's fine. (The exception being when romance is involved, at which point it kind of breaks down for me. I can't make that one work, no matter how hard I try. Making out with a dude is not something I can ever identify with and I just spam the "skip cutscene" button :p)

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Seems you have the pixels confused with your brain cells...

13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Already pre-ordered, I had a chance to buy this for 45USD on GMG.