Shadow of Mordor,Dark Souls 2 or Lords of Fallen

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by goat1, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    haha pretty close although I can't tell much about Dark Souls

I just want to add that for me Mordor is the worst.
    It's landmass is uninteresting, bleak and generic AI placeholder.

I cbb with RPGs that have no distinct atmosphere; and it's worse when they try like Mordor.
    Might just as well play an arcade or proper button-masher.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Couldn't have put it better, (thumbsup).

There you go Alex, DS was the best tbh in my opinion, although the 2nd one hasn't been in my playthrough but I can firmly say that it's not thought to be as good as the first one.

The first one has a very serious and deep playthrough, there's not many games that make you so immersed and addicted to your "character" and this "new world" that you're indulged into.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Dark souls 1/2 is deep and rich and gets my vote. Best thing ever. :)

4. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Funny that someone could say exactly same thing about Souls games.

In Shadow of Mordor Nemesis system kinds of make stories and game is centered around it instead of classic plot, which is still here.

5. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Nah, Dark Souls are critically acclaimed masterpieces across the board (check ANY review site) for a reason.

To compare SoM to either Dark Souls is a crime against the gaming community.

One more time:
    Dark Souls absolutely annihilates the other two. No question. End of story. Game over.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Some really good opinions,exactly what people need. Sounds like Lords of the Fallen need some major patching still.
    Some say Dark Souls is punishing hard. Which would suck. Making a gaming very difficult doesn't mean the game is good.
    Mordor sounds repetitive. Which it probably is. But if its a fun repetitive,then is should be fine. But it sounds like all these games should have be $39.99 out of the gate instead of $59.99.

Should a guy get Dark Souls 1 1st? or does it matter?

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Shadow of mordor is one of the best cross platform releases sofar.

Dark souls 2 not so much.

Shadow of mordor and alien isolation are the top two games this year to me personally.

Most of the others have been over hyped, poorly done port jobs.

dark souls 2 is a very good game but it takes a certain type of player to get into it it is not for everyone.

SoM when you unlock your abilities and get some runes it it up there with just cause 2 for hey lets go mess around see what chaos i can cause.

SoM is more casual no doubt at the start of the game i bet everyone dies a TON.

The souls games are more hardcore.

8. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Yes.

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you want a proper rpg, Dark Souls.
    If you want a more "action-y" take on batman arkham city, in lotr universe, Shadow of Mordor.
    Haven't played lords of the fallen. From what I've seen, seems like a more casual and colorful version of dark souls.

10. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    So is Call of Duty.
    And lol if you think that most of the reviewers even finished the game, which they should.

So You saying it can't be repetitive?
    That's what you'll see most of the time.

I like DS, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely not perfect. I can see how someone could think that besides difficulty it's just average looking, without storyline, rather simple hack and slash.
    Hiding it's true colors behind punishing player.

One thing that I think is bad designed is when you get to the boss and you die (and you WILL die) on next run you need to get to the boss all over again (that's fine) and start battle again to (try) get your exp back. Then you die again and so you're trapped in that circle, if you want to keep your experience.
    You're at least few hours until you will be able to have a chance to beat that boss. You fuked.
    You died.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

11. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Instead of 2nd if anything, You don't really need both, unless of course you want more after playing one you bought.
    I would go with first game personally.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    exactly, I completed mordor main story in less than 5 hours. I skipped most the side missions as they were boring repetitive bull**** that were just littered throughout the world to add length.

Dark Souls 1 I completed and I died over 900 times in that game it was one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever done. I only completed it to say I have.

Dark Souls 2 is just boring as hell, needlessly hard, needlessly easy at the same time. You die from bull**** like the devs hiding enemies round corners or traps that kill you in 1 hit. Its bull**** like this I hate, its not fun at all its just annoying to get so far and then be punished for no reason because you didn't know there was trap or large enemy round that corner.

Fallen is pretty good, but it is just a Souls cashin plain and simple. I have to run the game with a 30fps cap to play it as frame drops are insane and the game looks no better than most games out now. Needlessly uses VRAM and textures are simply not the reason why at all. This too also suffers from gameplay faults like the Souls games. Needlessly hard, to for hard sake. Oh you just started the game yea here take down this 9ft boss that can kill you in 2 hits... good luck.

I like challenging games, but not ones that are needlessly hard just for gamers to say "hey, yea I beat that game" *insert smug face here*

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    That is exactly the type of crap that keeps me from buying games like this. Isn't there difficult levels in the game? Don't they use play testers to find this crap out? I do like all the weapons and magic in the Dark Souls games from what I've seen.
    Do Lords of the Fallen have that?

14. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Dark Souls 1 is a hand crafted masterpiece of a game. If you've ever played a game like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (one of the best 2D games ever), Dark Souls is like a perfectly made 3d version.

It is hard, but as long as you learn how to fight, block, dodge, etc. It isnt THAT hard. IMO people complaining about difficulty in Dark Souls should go play some old NES games. Those are hard.

Make sure you get dsfix and have a controller too.

15. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    I gave up on LoTF. The "lordsofthefallen.exe has stopped working" can strike at any time and it does frequently. Painstakingly work your way through a section. Get to boss. Be on the verge of killing it. "lordsofthefallen.exe has stopped working".

16. cristian.a

cristian.a Active Member

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    DS 1 is a very very bad port, and you not need to enjoy DS 2. I donĀ“t recommend you buy DS1 to PC.

17. logout20

logout20 Member

GPU:
    Amd radeon 7470m/1Gb
    once you play shadow of mordor you will forget about anything else...

18. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    You are out of your mind if you think som holds a candle to ds1. Som is like an arcade-rpg... Dark souls is pretty much game of the decade so far.

The pc port is absolutely fine with dsfix and a controller

19. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Funny You said that, as I played thousands of hours on NES as a kid and I still play it often. I've even finished Captain Planet (which in later levels gets really hard). Sure NES (older in general) games were much harder, Battletoads, Adventure Island or Ninja Gaiden series comes to mind.

Still Dark Souls IMO is annoyingly hard and definitely not perfectly fair to the player with those clunky animations and controls.

^^
    You must be joking, game of the decade? With those production values? Sorry but no. Did You play GTA V, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles, Mario 3d World or The Last of Us?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    What about difficulty then? Rate 1-5 where 1 is easy and 5 is hard. Please also try to rate not based on your personal skill but general skill.