Shader Error in Crysis

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Howky, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Howky

Howky Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 8600GTS Go
    Hello ive been reading a few threads on this known problem with certain NVidia Chipsets im getting this error when an enemy shoots at me ,its becomnig annoying now as it affects gameplay, so ive e-mailed Crytek about this problem explaining about this issue,its still doing the same problem with diffrent driver builds too. Could heat be the cause as its getting rather hot once ive been playing for a while any advice would be grateful.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Explain on the shader error?

I've never encountered it.

3. SC_spider

SC_spider Member

GPU:
    Geforce/8800gts/640mb
    could you be more specific?
    what are you specs?
    info info info.

4. jboisclair

jboisclair Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT sprclcked 700/1720/990
    hey dude i had the same problem, fill out your computer specs too

to fix it go to my documents

then go to my games

then crysis

and delete the folder that says Shaders

5. Howky

Howky Member

GPU:
    Shader Error

Ok deleted the Shaders folder ill give it a go thanx a lot. Everyone else said it was incorrect drivers that had been installed.

6. jboisclair

jboisclair Member Guru

GPU:
    also if that doesnt work what drivers are u using

7. Howky

Howky Member

GPU:
    Shader Error

All fixed now, thanks guys just deleted the shaders folder runs ok now but only on low settings at 1024x768 75hz refresh rate.Anti-Alaising at 8x, tried medium settings was getting lag cards temp is 74.0c under load, 64.oc at desktop monitered with NVidia moniter and RivaTuner

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  8. jboisclair

jboisclair Member Guru

GPU:
    yeah that should be normal for the 8600gt but i dont think u need the 8x AA u could probably put it at 2x and then put some settings at medium

9. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    Agreed. 2x should be fine. i think 8x with a 8600gt is too much. all it does is to remove jagginess. hahaha, bah dont mind me, what do i know... i am still playing games without AA most of the times.... i always tried to up the other setting and work my way down the settings if the game lag.... but if the game is not very graphicallyt demanding, then i'll try to pump up the AA... but seriously i seldom bother by the jaggyness since always moving around anyway.

10. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Yeah you can only run above 2X AA in Crysis if you have 512MB or more of graphics memory.

11. Howky

Howky Member

GPU:
    AA down to 2X

Well dropped back to 2X AA and gone up to medium settings in advanced but still a bit choppy so gone back to low and upped to 4X AA runs sweet v smooth . Ive seen a 8600GTS Golden Sample for sale its lot quicker than the one i got think its Gpu 725mhz and memory 2,200mhz at moment im on 540mhz Gpu 1400 mhz on memory am i right in saying its really 700mhz x2 for Dual DDR3? So the 2,200 mhz wud be 1100mhz x2 for DDR3? Does the higher cards like the 8800GTX or ultra have a dedicated memory speed of 2000mhz for each DDR channel? Or am i not making any sense?if not id like to learn about the Memory,Gpu and shader clock speeds of graphics cards

12. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    dont get a GTS, its not much better than a GT, plus i doubt that a 8600 will have 2.2ghz ram, what you saw was probably a 8800

strange, what resolution are you playing at? my friend's 8600gt can play on all high at 1024x768 with only minor lags

i can play on all highs at 1280 800
    i run in window mode so i don't really care if its small =p i was still msn'ing when i was lost on the alien ship =)

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i'm also having some texture issues with crysis. after setting the textures to high, then all of a sudden the textures loses details.

14. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    whenever i load a game, or change textures, it takes a few seconds for the textures to load completely. When I start a game, everything will be blurry but then each item will then load its texture slowly. Did you try to delete the shader cache? if not, try a reinstall, or different drivers

15. Howky

Howky Member

GPU:
    Screen resolution in Crysis

I run at 1024x768 at 75 hz in windows mode same in Crysis. But with Medium settings it goes choppy it is only a 256 meg DDR3 pci-express card wud like the 512 meg but cudnt afford one at moment. I am building either a dual core or quad when i get the money which will have dual sata-300 Hard drives configured with raid and for Striping data and also if money allows go for dual SLI etc etc i heard Vista isnt too good for gaming friend of mine has dual core and dual SLI but he says its better with XP Pro, Vista seems to throw a lot of errors or problems but im only taking his word for it. we have Vista Home Premium on our laptop and we have had a few issues.