1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SGSSAA and Negative LOD

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 19, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I stumbled across this article the other day. I want to get your thoughts on it.
    http://naturalviolence.webs.com/sgssaa.htm

I have tried it on a few games (Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Darkness II, and Diablo 3) and it appears to work. So, what say you?

Discuss. :nerd:

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  3. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Does it work in DX10/DX11 yet? There was a petition (or feature request) over at NVIDIA forums.

With regular SSAA the drivers already adjusted LOD automatically, but not with SGSSAA.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    IDK, I haven't tried any game DX 11 games yet. I will try it on Battlefield 3 later today and see what happens.

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    Theres no negative or positive LOD for dx10/11...Nvidia still needs to implent it via drivers..

Remember the Thread we had..where we asked NV to integrate that in theyr drivers liek AMD..

here it is:
    so, u wont have luck with games using dx10/11
    LOD usage is right now ONLY for dx9 games, till NV decides in favour of theyr customers..

Also for the settings..
    These are all ok..But in some games u have to set it up with other numbers..
    Mass effect 3 as example..needed more negative lod then 1.0 @ 4 x 4 sgssaa to look good..so its also a taste question, whereever u want it blurry or not..

these where my settings for a long time, and for 90% they where best..

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah I've had that page bookmarked for a while....I apply the suggested settings and it seems to work for me even tho I have ATI which uses RGSSAA and auto-LOD bias I think.

Here's another pretty cool page about AA if you wanna check it out
    http://www.dahlsys.com/misc/antialias/index.html

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012