1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

settings don't get saved in profile

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by billysmith76, Jul 12, 2019.

1. billysmith76

billysmith76 New Member

GPU:
    rx 460
    If I click on the "auto" button, change tooltips to show, or change the fan curve, these settings won't get saved in profile 2.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Everything is saved, RTFM please.

3. billysmith76

billysmith76 New Member

GPU:
    rx 460
    I click on the save button, then the numbers flash green. I then click on number 2.

When I go into the Profiles folder and open Profile2.cfg, I see only:

[Settings]
    ProfileContents=1

For some reason, the settings aren't getting saved to the cfg files. Should I reinstall Afterburner?

I understand that there's nothing wrong with Afterburner for most machines, but did I do something wrong on my end?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Once again, RTFM please, learn how to use application, learn what and when is supposed to be stored inside profile. The file you’re referring is not intended for storing anything but MONITORING settings. None of settings you listed fit into that category. PLEASE learn how to use applucation before claiming that it is working improperly.

5. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    1. In Settings => Profiles => Profile contents: check those options to be enabled which you'd like to be saved into profile
    2. In main GUI, check the lock is open to be able to modify/save profiles
    3. read the tool-tip help while hovering over a profile button:
      [​IMG]
    That's what unwinder is referring to as: READ the f..ing manual!