Serious Sam 3 low framerate with my machine!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by D4rKy21, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    who, me? i already have gpu mem at high not ultra.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if you liked earlier sam games with the exception of sam2 you'll enjoy this one. it's old school sam!

man, ive got to start using multi quote!

3. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Glad to hear that. I liked II, but if this is closer to TFE and TSE, i can't wait to play. Now all we need is the next Painkiller.

4. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Member

GPU:
    Geforce 660ti
    You could have thought them dude how to code. Because past 12 years they have been newbies to programming and gaming in creating massive environments and dozens of enemies on screen.

5. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Its the game not us, its full of performance bugs game is great to play but with those performance bugs its not fun anymore to play i play on ultra settings with 4x msaa, if i turn that off it doesnt matter i still get the same frames per sec even with vsynce on or off it doesnt matter anything xD.

6. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Ah VRAM. I get why i can play it no probs now - im using the 3GB VRAM versions of GTX580 (in tri-SLI). Also i have vsync OFF. Might wanna try switching vsync off too guys. Even in tri-SLI i haven't seen a single tare. Then again i am using 120hz monitor

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ^

even if i lower my settings so it doesn't use as much vram i still get bad peformance in mp'er. i'll be humming along at 60 fps vsynced with 60-80 gpu usage, and then it will drop to 35-40 with no increase in gpu usage. weird!

i've been googling and it seems these serious engine's dont scale very well with sli! in the last 6 years or so of sli gaming i've never come across and engine that scales so poorly!

8. cerealkeller

cerealkeller Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan SLI
    :bang:It's not running good on ATI either. My ATI rig is pretty beefy.
    Z68, 2500K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3 1866, 1250 watt gold PSU, X Fire 5970s.
    Actually, this is what's happening. I'm on max settings, and the game is running great, 150-200 fps. As soon as I die and reload the level, it drops to like 45-55 fps and anything under 60 seems laggy on this game. And especially so without v sync turned on. I assume, it's just not dumping the vRAM between levels. I've had trouble with these cards running out of memory on games like BFBC2 on high settings, metro 2033, AvP, Crysis 2. Basically any really high RAM consumer. When I play those games on my Nvidia rig, they use well over 1 GB and that's what my 5970s are limited to. Yes I've tried playing with the settings, but once again, when I die it throws everything into chaos upon revive. Besides, I'm running at over 150 fps average, I don't think my system is the problem here. The game is really fun, but I'm holding off until they get it fixed.

9. cerealkeller

cerealkeller Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan SLI
    Raven Master, sweet rig. :)