Serious Sam 3 - Any good tweaks?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SrengthOfLength, Sep 3, 2012.

1. SrengthOfLength

SrengthOfLength Guest

GPU:
    2x Windforce 680 - SLi
    Hi,

I have already discovered that any sort of supersampling is a NO GO.

Anything else I could do to maximize image quality while getting no fps drops.

Thanks.

2. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Really? Not even with 680 SLI?

That feature is not really worth it, though. It hardly makes a difference.

Can you describe the nature of your performance problems? Do you see good framerates, but are there just frequent dips or are you experiencing constant low framerates?
    In the first case you need to upgrade :D I've tested it myself and with supersampling it uses way over 2GB of vRAM. It's between 2.5 and 3 all the time, but I'm also getting super low fps. It's not playable.

3. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I dunno what Croteam were thinking, did you ever play this game on launch? What an absolute mess, I'd be very surprised if anyone could keep a solid 60FPS on vanilla ultra settings through the whole game.

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    On my rig i also can't get constant 60 fps. It drops sometimes at 40.
    Anyway major patch coming soon. Here are release notes.
    http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=62433
    So, let's hope :D

5. SrengthOfLength

SrengthOfLength Guest

GPU:
    2x Windforce 680 - SLi
    Many thanks guys.

On 'vanilla' ultra settings it runs pretty sweet tbh, bar the occasional stutter, which does irritate me, FPS is a strong 60 though on 1080p Ultra.

However I noticed a shed load of settings that, even on ultra, were not maxed out at all, so I started messing about, right away I noticed with super sampling, gpu usage went from about 35 to 95+ and about 30FPS..was a broken mess.

Just trying to figure out what's a good balance - which settings to max and which ones to leave alone - trying to find out which ones have large performance hit with barely any noticeable IQ difference, if you know what I mean.

6. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Use all but supersampling :p
    It runs like a charm then.