sending flowers from online...have u ever?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by theworldisover, Aug 3, 2008.

1. theworldisover

theworldisover Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    Has anyone ever sent flowers to a loved one from online?

I am thinking of sending my girlfreind who lives with me some flowers just to say i love her and stuff but i dont really trust it.

what would be the best way to do it? send them to her work (a gas station) or just wait intill she has a day off of work and send them to the house?.

if i send them to work that couldint get her in trouble could it? i feel alittle awkward sending to her work tho lol and i dont know if it would get delivered there by the time she is off work (she only works around 6 hours a day)

what's everyones opinion on buying and sending flowers online?

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I think it would be more romantic sending them to her work (and potentially more embarassing:) = you will either get some that evening, or none for a couple of days).

3. theworldisover

theworldisover Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    LOL! yea i'm sure she would be alittle embarrassed but she would love it more and prob just forget about the embarrassment

BLEH dunno what to do. i wanna send them to her work but i dont want her to get in trouble or she leaves work and they show up!!

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    never did, what i did was go and buy the flowers + a cake go to her house and give it personally, what you get :

1. "ohhhhh they're beautiful" :rolleyes:

2. a long kiss :mhp:

3. her parents mauling the cake as if it was the first time they ever seen one :bang:

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yep, I always used to do it.

She used to love them, especially if you send them to her work, it's even better, because it makes her feel special that you're letting people know you're thinking of her and love her.

Then everyone at work talks about it, says how sweet you are etc.

I've never had issues with it over here, very easy, one time they sent them on the wrong day, and they apologized hugely, and sent some free complimentary ones the next day as well.

That being said, I'm single again, and all I can say is....... SUCKER!

6. stromchin

stromchin Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    Whenever I have sent flowers, I could always chose the time of delivery.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    that's my point, i don't want to let anyone know what i'm thinking of her and how much i love or hate her, what's between me and her should stay that way until the right moment, it's none of their damn business those people at work.

i'm way too reserved i guess. :formal:

edit: besides a place of work shouldn't be turned into CASABLANCA. (this could be the beginning of a beautiful friend$hit.) lol

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Tsk tsk.

It's never about you.

It's about her, chicks love that kind of thing.

You do things like that for her, you'll be rewarded, if you get my drift =)

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i get your drift :p you're right though.

doubt i'll ever have another girlfriend (can't be bothered really lol) but if i do i'll try yer trick as the Wizard can't be wrong hehe :hatty:

10. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    No you won't get you or her in trouble unless that place is full of a-holes. Yes send them to her work! Make sure you know what she loves and send that flower. Some places offer teddy bear if you want to go that route. Good luck.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    ive done it several times, it is very rewardfull i can tell you :kissin:

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    hahahah FAIL! :D

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    it was quite the opposite :)

14. theworldisover

theworldisover Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    haha thanks guys.

i'll send them to her work :).

gonna do it sometime next week.

i'll report on how much she loves them :O :O

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    At this point it time I would always order online. Saves you the trouble of having to run somewhere to pick them up and dress them up in a vase. They tend to do really nice bouqets online and in some cases will include little extras like special cards or stuffed toys etc.

And yes I would concur.. getting flowers sent as a suprise can be very rewardful indeed :D

16. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Always send them to work.
    While this may not work in a gas station, in say an office
    Girls are always competative with each other (not that guys aren't different) and want to be noticed and envied by peers.
    Work, the flowers arrive at the receptionist and then they have to find her and then the flower guy walks back past everyone, etc.
    Girl gets to show off and feel special.
    Or they arrive at a house door, and she feels special in front of the flower guy and no one.

Sending them to work gets the desired results every time.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    The UK has a site called Interflora which is the main one, I'd order them to work, if getting them for home, then I would get them yourself and suprise her at the door.

18. theworldisover

theworldisover Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    bleh.

im using a site called ploflowers.com but this is all conflicting with her work schudule.

on saturday she works 10am-1pm and that is the day i could prob do it but they deliver from 9am-12pm. i dont want them to get to her work at 9am and shes not there.

during the week she dont really work much shes home but for a couple days it's 1:30pm-10pm but weekday delivery is anywhere from 9am-5pm it says.

doing it during a day she has off would be the easiest because they would just get to my door and i would make her answer....idk

19. hartofalyon

hartofalyon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb
    i tried it once from 1800flowers and will never do it again. i think it really depends on the local florist that is contracted to carry out the order. the flowers came and looked nothing like what it was advertised and small add-ons like chocolates are way overpriced. i had a bad experience and wouldn't recommend it.