Sell GTX 670 towards 7990 or GTX 660Ti SLi?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mf2385, Aug 7, 2012.

1. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I don't think it's a selfish response at all. So don't get a 2nd GTX 670 huh, don't need it yet huh? Well then what about upgrading to that BenQ 120Hz 24'' LED Monitor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014270

2. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    just keep the gtx670 i mean shoot my 6870 plays bf3 @ 1920x1200 above 40fps and my card and cpu are just barley overclocked what are you playing or what does anyone play that needs cf or sli

3. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    You're fooling yourself. Obviously that 1300MHz is not stable. BF3 takes everything out of your card, it's pretty well optimized. Such games usually crash sooner if something is even a little bit unstable.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay then it's 99.9% stable BF3 is known for crashing on higher clocks but like I said the game crashed not the driver which I found weird.

BTW I don't tend to run my card at that high a clock normally I keep it at 1250-1280 boost and the memory at 6900.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012

5. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yea, I was in these situations too in the past. Could run everything just beautifully on a (what I thought was a) solid overclock and then there suddenly is one game that behaves weird, or returns to desktop for no reason all the time after playing for a while. No BSOD's or driver crashes, just application errors. After googling for many hours and actually finding many people with the same problem, I was convinced it was the game. But then I thought hey, maybe I should disable my overclock to eliminate all variables. And yes ... :bang:

Anything can happen when overclocking, really, you never what hits you :p I've stopped doing it, though. I've got a rock solid system, didn't have a BSOD since I built it. That few extra frames I might have in metro2033 by overclocking really aren't worth risking (maybe permanent) system errors for xD

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you're on a budget and are expecting to pay upcoming bills, spending MORE money makes absolutely no sense if what you have, works....