Sekiro Shadows die Twice

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hahaha, yes ,so many players at once.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t understand the point/fun of seeing others playing the game and spoiling it but okay... Friday i will start to discover it.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And now peaking the stream while cooking.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    he can only play until 2 hours in , so doesnt spoil that much.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    frack yeah , it has HDR omg

serbicu likes this.
  6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    pc settings
    [​IMG]

cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Happy PC version has HDR, it's annoying that you still get some devs include it on console side and don't add it in on PC.

Like xbox is the only console that has HDR in dirt rally 2.0, it's as if there is some exclusive option clause somewhere as Codemasters support HDR in F1 on PC, makes no sense.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game looks great and I'm very much looking forward to it (c'mon, CDKeys, release the key already so I download it!). Not so much looking forward to the punishing difficulty though. Normal enemies, I'm generally fine with, but I feel a genuine sense of panic whenever I encounter a boss in From Software games!

My one complaint with the Dark Souls games and even Bloodborne is that they were heavy on atmosphere but light on narrative with static NPCs delivering snippets of vague, often obscure information without even moving their mouths (at least I never noticed any animation in Dark Souls). The gameplay and world design has always been stellar however and made up for the poor and often confusing (IMO) story-telling.

Sekiro looks much improved in this regard and the more familiar setting of ancient Japan makes for what appears to be a more accessible and immersive setting. Does remind a lot of Nioh though, even the lead character looks like an older version of the one from that game. The addition of the grappling arm is neat and allows for more stealth kill options and combat is much faster and more brutal than previous From Software games.

Graphically the game looks improved too and the ugly interface of the early Dark Souls games has been replaced with something much sharper, though still a little bland and plain (From Software have great graphics artists and art design but the interface designers are a bit lacklustre; functional, yes, but hardly aesthetically pleasing). Graphics options in the PC version also look a bit underwhelming; there's an anti-aliasing option but no indication of what it is (I'm guessing it's FXAA rather than temporal AA) and it only supports the now-dated (but console-friendly) SSAA rather than the more advanced and more accurate HDAO and HBAO variants. There's also no tessellation.

I watched some PC footage last night and noticed grass and foliage pop in at surprisingly close range which is a little disappointing. No doubt concessions have had to be made to get the game running well on consoles but the PC is capable of so much more. Personally, I would not like to play this on console as From Software are infamous for poor framepacing at 30 fps (Bloodborne was awful in this regard) and wobbly "up to" 60 fps framerates on higher end consoles such as the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X leading to noticeable judder. PC is really the only viable platform to play From Software games on in my view as sheer power can overcome many of the issues inherent in the console builds.

cerebus23 and serbicu like this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I'm waiting for CDKeys as well to send me the key so I can start downloading the game, as will take some time with my slow internet connection :(

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Luckily I'm in Asia and get to play it soon. Hope this isn't too much like dark souls because I could never get into that game. Loved Tenchu though.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Dark Souls 2. After playing it for a long long time now , im confident to say, that IF the bosses were handled better, it would be the best Dark Souls.

Environment and regular enemy (which are quite aggressive compared to other DS games) and pretty much awesome. AI travelling all over the land is a great addition as well.
    I also like the effects like souls twirl around before you receive them. graphic wise, i dont know if its my HDR tv, but it looks quite awesome. enemy and locations are better imho then Dark Souls 3.
    Bosses however are just plain bad, they are very static, look bland , sometimes worse then demon souls bosses even. but the overal experience is quite good. Kinda wish they would make a ultimate DS with all the best elements of all games. Dark Souls 3 was way too easy imho. exept some bosses like orphin of kos lmao :D
    Maybe its because i have become a better player over the years and countless DS games.

Its almost unfortunate that i have to put down the game because Sekiro is released in 10 hours. But, i still have something to pickup when i finish sekiro :D hope i just dont forget the DS2 lore.

But for now, BRING ON SEKIRO, MY BODY IS READY!

fantaskarsef and serbicu like this.
  12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    ^ You've spoken like a true Covenant member my Sir! :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    first review are already out. Here an example from IGN (I know !!! .....not the best one, but they, at least cannot say something wrong about his one right?). And btw, why do they say "reviewed on PS4 Pro, Xbox one X and PC" and they do not mention anything about performance or differences? That really pisses me off !!!. They are clearly lying!!! They would need 3 reviewers to play to the entire game (some 50 hours os so, if not more) to get an honest opinion about all the versions of the game:

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    160 000 people watching on twitch atm WOW

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I want to play it now!...

cerebus23 likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i wanted to play it for the last week, ;p sad our sea fairing brothers did not get any leaks ;p.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Something about the setting really not clicking for me. Just like Nioh and that other upcoming PS exclusive.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it's unlocked for asian regions , a simple vpn trick will do

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I need to see performance reviews ps4/pro vs pc then will think about for few months to see which verisons i get