1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sekiro Shadows die Twice

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    I agree with the dated part, it seems to me that From is still using the same (proprietary) engine of their previous games and that engine is already a little old... As for the level design, we need to play the game before making any opinion.

The trailer was kind of weak, generic just like an Hollywood trailer. But the gameplay seems amazing and very different from previous game. Sekiro seems to be a mixture of Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls. So i can´t wait anymore, just give me the game!!!

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    lol just think about it guys...If we are so hyped for this game, which will be an amazing experience no doubt! just think about the hype to come for when they'll announce Bloodborne 2 !!!! :D

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    I think they are saving Bloodborne 2 for the PS5.

Netherwind and serbicu like this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yeah im also thinking that. would be amazing to see what they have enhanced.

serbicu likes this.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah that's my guess too guys...100%. BB2 will come out as a Playstation 5 exclusive.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Not sure about BB2, but whatever…

Ten days left! Ten days in which I’ll be the best BF ever, so hopefully I’ll have the next weekend all for Sekiro lol!

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I wouldn't necessarily (and prematurely) hype up Bloodborne 2. If they get contracted by Sony to make a PS5 exclusive, it might again be it's own game - Bloodborne isn't really connected to Demon Souls (besides the general type of gameplay). Also, why should it be a "Souls" game anyway?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    Bloodborne 2 on PS5 in 4K/60FPS glory, wouldn't we all wet our pants?

serbicu likes this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    The new gameplay combat mechanics very well explained, for those who are interested :D

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    I have to study this, never played DS / BB at all... I guess I'm in for a steep learning curve :D

serbicu likes this.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    The combat mechanics are not that complicated, thing is, you have to master them in order to be very proficient :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Well you might be better off actually... the rest of us need to erase our old souls muscle memory first :)

ShadowDuke and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Be aware that every game after playing a From Software game will fall short in terms of game play lol

If you like Sekiro , i definitely recommend you to still play demon souls, dark souls 1,2,3 and blood born. From software games bring game experience second to none. Damn i sound like im in some kind of cult :D
    Oh i just remembered , Nioh is also pretty awesome.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Easy to play, hard to master? :D

Well you didn't think there'd still people around which never played any of those hmm? I get reactions like that too when I tell people I haven't played any Far Cry game at all, and only the original Crysis... :oops:

Yes Nioh's on my list as well, but seeing Sekiro, I felt more pulled in into the setting tbh. Kind of reminded me of Onimusha 3 on Playstation... only this time with a lot more skill needed. :D
    Oh well, I guess I can get used to a new standard, it's not like "gameplay" is something that's advertised a lot these days... preorder bonuses, free DLC, that's what's advertised today.

WhiteLightning and serbicu like this.
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    @fantaskarsef
    There are surely several people who haven't played SoulsBorne games :)
    Some are perhaps put off by the (perceived) difficulty and others just don't like them, which is fine.

@WhiteLightning
    We are in a cult, the Souls cult. Or covenant :)

Err... I mean no such thing exists, move along, ssshh...

now where's me Zweihander...

fantaskarsef and WhiteLightning like this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    All hail the covenant....

H83 and serbicu like this.
  17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I only played DS1+2+3 (only PC, no DS before ^^) and some Demon's Souls with RPCS3 and i had tons of hours fun with Nioh. There are so many bosses and my throught was that it was/is more challenging than Dark Souls. Maybe cos its something different with the 3 different poise types and i have played Dark Souls Series, a lot! I also liked that even after the main story in Nioh, theres still another two? or was it only one more story even after..well.."the ending". :D

I never was really the "parryguy" in DS, so what worries me a little is, that i wont like it very much that in this game the focus is to parry the attacks from your enemies. I avoided to watch any more gameplay, only the E3 Trailer back then and some snippets here and there. Dont want me get spoiled so much with such a challenging game, cant wait, its waiting my my library... :D

Just read, the game will have NG+ (of course ;)) and there will be also differences, like in Dark Souls (well, not every DS :mad:).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I finished Nioh without ever summoning. Can’t say that about all the DS games, Midir comes to mind… Also the more I play those games, the more I try not to hide behind the shield, but rely more on movement, parrying and backstabbing. More rewarding this way too.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    @ShadowDuke I never learned which attacks are parryable and which aren't :D I relied on dodging.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Midir was something allright. Though if memory serves I had to retry the Demon Prince bossfight the most. Also Friede took hell of an effort.

Btw love how, again, lore and gameplay mechanics converged with Midir: he is vulnerable to lightning and thrust damage.
    You have a Dragonslayer Spear that inflicts lightning and thrust damage, accordingly :)

I used the entire Ornstein (Dragonslayer) armor set too to do things correctly, lols.

DS 3 has by far the most, for the lack of a better word, inconsistent parry logic. The timing is trickier than in DS 1 and 2 and probably due to faster pace attack animations matter more as well.
    Ie. it's not enough you get the timing right, the attack animation must also physically coincide with the parry animation (and at the right moment).

As far as I can tell the "parry frames" are the ones where your character moves the shield to the right and just as it stops for a split second before being swung to the left.
    So just as the shield stops at its rightmost spot, that's when the attack needs to coincide with the shield, both timewise and positionwise.

Ofc this also means attacks that originate from the right from player PoV are easier to parry than attacks originating from the left.

I have surely spent several hours (while farming for souls) practising parry timing with Lothric knights.

PS: all katanas have a very useful parry move as their Weapon Skill heavy attack. Large swoop and no delay like with shield parries.
    Consumes FP though as Weapon Skill move.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Netherwind and drandiiski like this.