1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sekiro Shadows die Twice

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    True but there are some exceptions to the rule and i like to think From Software is one of them. Their souls games have all been great or even better and they don´t use shitty money grabbing practises like micro transactions or crappy DLCs, so they deserve some respect confidence and from their fans/customers. CDR are another nice example of a company worth supporting although i don´t think their Witcher games are anything special. But like From Software they avoid some bad habits that other companies like to abuse... Of course this can change in the future so we have to an eye on them to make sure they don´t stray away to the dark side...

This^^ Although some screenshots are amazing specially the of Sekiro in the air against the spear of the samurai on a horse.

lucidus and BangTail like this.
  2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @H83

Yah, I really don't see any harm in supporting developers you trust when there is a well defined refund policy in place.

I am highly selective about this and only do it for a handful of developers with a proven track record, but my feeling is that if I am going to give them the money anyway, when I give it to them is largely irrelevant.

JM2C

lucidus likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Netherwind

Such a shame that these truly competent developers got into bed with these greedy sh!tbags, Kotick being possibly the worst of the worst, a reprehensible, disgusting weasel who prospers at the expense of those who make the company successful.

An unapologetically repugnant 'person' if ever there was one.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    H83 and Netherwind like this.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Let's say that the reason was logistical, that From couldn't get copies out in time for reviewers/youtubers...would it be so bad to say that? Why the secrecy? It's too easy for people to draw their own conclusions when Actishitsion don't provide any information.

Still, from my own experience From has delivered above and beyond (DS3 & Bloodborne) so I'm personally not too worried but that's just me. The message from Acti can be interpreted in many ways.

BangTail likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Netherwind

I'm not worried about the game either, I just don't like the way Activision (and some of the others operate) and I especially don't like guys like Wilson and Kotick, they are emblematic of the deep seated problems that are present within the gaming industry today.

H83, Netherwind and lucidus like this.
  7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Fair point. Personally i don´t care much about refunding policies because i never use them. If a game is crap then is crap and that´s it...

Totally agree with this! Knowing that Activision is the publisher gives me the shivers and makes me think of the worst from now on... I hope From Software was smart enough to make a deal were they are allowed to keep their creative freedom instead of selling their souls like many other companies...

BangTail likes this.
  8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm glad they are there, especially if something is totally misrepresented and then hidden behind review embargos, for example ;)

Having said that, through careful research, I am usually very happy with my purchases, every now and then something won't live up to my expectations but I will only refund if the offense is egregious.

I'm not one to abuse it because, as I said, I am happy it is there for the rare occasion that I feel I have been taken advantage of.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Haha, From selling their "souls"... lols :p

In other news another dimwit from a questionable publisher made some crap decision.

All is good in the world, then.

Next up sports and weather but first a word from our sponsors:
    Hey kids! Check out these Epic games...

Yes managed another... wait for it... Epic joke!

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You're Unreal.

fantaskarsef, BangTail and AsiJu like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Wasn't a big fan of DS games, i liked Bloodborne though but never got really far due to selling my PS4 Pro.

This game looks even better, already bought a decent new controller to play it with. :)

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    It looks a bit dated in my opinion the level design is looking pretty flat and boring or is it just me ?
    Animations also are looking wonky, gfx are not really 2019 ish :p

15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Not sure, to me it looks ok ish. As for the flat level design, I think we are going to have some really nice verticality added by the fact that you can use that arm to climb. I like the animations, to me they look ok so far, I have to play the game myself to have a better opinion on this. In the end, I play these FS games mainly for the gameplay, lore, music, and for the fact that death waits for you at every corner lol :D

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There's no stamina mechanic in the game? I can't see it in that DF video posted earlier.

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I agree with the dated part, it seems to me that From is still using the same (proprietary) engine of their previous games and that engine is already a little old... As for the level design, we need to play the game before making any opinion.

The trailer was kind of weak, generic just like an Hollywood trailer. But the gameplay seems amazing and very different from previous game. Sekiro seems to be a mixture of Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls. So i can´t wait anymore, just give me the game!!!

19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    lol just think about it guys...If we are so hyped for this game, which will be an amazing experience no doubt! just think about the hype to come for when they'll announce Bloodborne 2 !!!! :D

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I think they are saving Bloodborne 2 for the PS5.

Netherwind and serbicu like this.
  21. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yeah im also thinking that. would be amazing to see what they have enhanced.

serbicu likes this.