1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sekiro Shadows die Twice

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Corrupted Monk (non-fake) easy 2/3 daethblow:

You need to be quick!
    As soon as the battle starts, grapple to the highest right tree branch and from there to your left to the highest. Aim at boos - 1st deathblow. Remain on the branch. Now shes gonna transform with her shadow sowrd, jump from branch to branch until shes gonna stop for a second and theres smoke in the middle. As soon as that happens, be sure to be on the highest branch again where you waited. Now she reveals herself from the smoke in the middle and you can perform the 2nd deathblow. Takes max 1 minute and you dont need to hit her and dont get hit, if youre lucky. :D
    The rest of the fight for the 3rd deathblow you have to actually fight her. :D
    So for me, that was one of the easiest boss fights. :D

serbicu likes this.
  2. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    the more I play this game the more satisfying it becomes. after dying so often it is astounding how easily I breeze through this game in my 2nd playthrough.

Simply proves it relies too much on memory and in itself that means poor design. It is a flaw that you have to memorize so much.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I dont see how this is any different from DS in NG+. And ofc its easier, this is normal. You could have given Kuro the trinket at the beginning of your 2nd playthrough. I bet then you wont say you "breeze through".

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    the village sinking in water is so unforgiving when those weird creatures starts playing the flute

cerebus23 likes this.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes, they are annoying, but most of them, only the two near the next idol are killable with stealth. So you always put them out first if you can.

6. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    there's a couple of differences of course, ds let's you build different characters, tanky, rogue, mage.

sekiro has 1 playstyle and changed the formula alot more on memorization.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    This is true for every modern game released nowadays. And until game makers can create decent AIs this is going to persist in the future.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  8. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    way too generalized and superficial. It's simple not the same level as this game.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    probably take quantum computing to program truly human like AI since quantum computing like your brain processes information in parallel, fun fact something not easily observed but in moments of extreme life threatening stress where you are "aware" of what your brain is churnring through multiple solutions and options in a fraction of a second to choose an outcome that hopefully saves your arse. It is a really surreal thing to experience.. But thats literally how you brain arrives at the choices it makes is by weighing odds and outcomes. and choosing a action based on that.

Current ai is generally binary because our computers have been binary "if this then that" ai. yes or no ai with more depth to it.

So yea still expecting it going to be decades before we see consumer side AI that will be on par with a human opponent, and then they will spend the next decades figuring out how to nerf it because it kicks the living crap out of 90% of humans.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'll just leave Swagger riiiiight here....

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice 1.03 Patch
    Source here on the Official Sekiro website[www.sekiro.jp].

Target Platforms

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC

Release Timing
    April 23rd, 2019 10:00 JST

April 23rd, 2019 03:00 CEST

April 22nd, 2019 18:00 PDT

Release Notes

Improvements to Strategic Approaches
    • Adjusted the efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost of the following to encourage usage and diversity of approach:

• Prosthetic Tools: "Lazulite Sacred Flame," "Loaded Axe" series, "Sparking Axe," "Lazulite Axe"

• Combat Arts: "Ashina Cross," "Dragon Flash," "One Mind," "Floating Passage," "Spiral Cloud Passage," "Mortal Draw," "Empowered Mortal Draw"

• Items: "Spiritfall" series

• Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts "Senpou Leaping Kicks" and "High Monk" as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.

• Increased the Poison build-up dealt by the Prosthetic Tool "Sabimaru" against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.

• Increased the drop rate of "Divine Confetti" for Fencers in Ashina Castle.

• Adjusted loading screen tips and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.
    Other Fixes
    • Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.

• Lowered the price of information sold by Anayama the Peddler.

• The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed.

• Fixed a bug where "Gokan's Sugar" and "Gokan's Spiritfall" were not mitigating player Posture damage taken while guarding or deflecting enemy attacks.

• Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.

• Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.

• Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.

• Fixed certain bugs that were allowing the player to access unexpected areas, which could result in becoming unable to obtain items or make further progress.

• Fixed cases of certain text being displayed incorrectly.

• Improved stability.

• Improved performance.

• Other various bug fixes.

After applying the update, the version notation in the bottom-right of the title screen will display as follows:

App Ver. 1.03

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hopefully, they... maybe, worked on the ugly inconsistent frame-pacing issues...

13. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    ^never had stutter in this game.

might want to check GPU usage, since it's only 60fps locked, you might get some downclocks and clock frequency boost related issues.

edit:

also try to use refresh rate setting in 3d settings: app. controlled, instead of prefer max. refresh.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Hmmm...ok thx. I do play at 4k 60 and my gpu is only at 70% usage, so could be that. I will try to set those settings as well in nvidia control panel.

15. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    well if your refresh rate is 60Hz anyway there shouldn't be a conflict with that setting.

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Never had stutter either.

Had to take a few days of break from the game, because I was really lost and somewhat frustrated. Turns out I have missed the stairway up the castle and the boss on top lol. Anyway, yesterday got back into it and made a lot of progress. Amazing game!

cerebus23 and Geryboy like this.
  17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I did it! Took me 40-45 hours in the span of two months, but hey..

Got to the final boss on Sunday and died like 30 times. Yesterday I decided to have a few learning tries after work and wasted him of my first try lol! Boy this game has the best sword fighting ever in terms of that clashing and dancing. My only little complaint is that some enemies have like two or three attacks too many. They are fast and brutal enough and having you read between so many different attacks, sometimes a win feels like the RNG was just kind to you. But I kinda get it why they did that, when you consider the Twich crowd..

The other things are the prosthetic tools – they are cool, add variety to the gameplay and can be really helpful sometimes. But on the other hand (hehe), I still managed to finish the game without ever upgrading them. Same as the skill system – you NEED to get certain skills, but can manage all the content without maxing any skill three. So with these two systems being optional and without different weapons or armors it all comes down to the pure gameplay and the aforementioned sword clashing. I don’t mind it. For me having a lot of different variables becomes overwhelming in some games. As there have been comparisons to Nioh, I can say that I hated the item system there. I just wanted to get back to the action, but in between missions I had to spend way too much time and energy dealing with all that crap. Eventually stopped caring and started trashing everything without ever looking at it.

Anyways, I find the story cool, the gameplay amazing, sound a visuals are also great, so a BIG thumbs up from me!

Duke Nil, AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah managing loot in Nioh became a pain, not to mention leveling up and rerolling weapon stats. Bit too much.

Which reminds me I still need to finish Nioh... and buy Sekiro. Some day.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Everyone has probably finished this game by now but my friend just gave it to me in an ASUS reward.

As a former Dark Souls/Bloodborne player I must say that getting used to this game takes longer than I thought. Yesterday I played about 6hrs and ended my session by beating the Drunkard. I conclude that I'm not sure this game is for me since it's not like DS where you can dodge out of everything, here parry seems to be a big part of the game plus using these skills. Parry requires perfect timing and quick reflexes, something that I'm not sure I longer have. Basically, it's very hard to get used to this playstyle since it seems like it's supposed to be aggressive but you also need to read enemy actions in a split second and then take appropriate action yourself. Just mashing helps in many situations but not all, dodgeing out of every situation doesn't work at all, jumping here and there helps a bit.

What I have trouble with most is:
    1. Handling more than one enemy at once
    2. Mikiri Counter (9 out of 10 miss it since I dodge backwards)
    3. Parry timer

The Shinobi hunter was a complete mess since I died so often, finally I killed him just by going total kamikaze.
    The Drunkard was also difficult but mostly because of the adds that are always there (I don't like that you cannot boss run that easily).

This game stresses me the F out as well so I had trouble sleeping even if I did beat the drunkard in the end :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yup you need to unlearn your ds habits, they will kill you in sekiro.

you parry except when you cant parry. dodge is a far back option for large powerful opponents generally. and yea multiple enemies are a pain as in the souls games there ;)

oh and that counter yea i have googled, i get the tutorial gimps the timing on it, but any time ive tried to preform it in combat but maybe once or twice ive gotten killed. according to the internet the timing is key and its a very tight window. i feel you here.

parry is just down to learning the different opponent types and sub types, most scrubs for instance are pretty routine but occasional that scrub that quick attacks or has the flaming weapons throws a wrinkle into that. And the mini bosses all have their parry attacks and gtfo attacks.

but yea parry/attack parry/attack dodge. were ds that would be pretty much reversed or attack dodge dodge attack.

hardcore ds players have the worst time with this though that is a fact, its from its a souls like game and you expect pizza and it gives you sourkraut. and you are confused and frustrated lol. get over that hump tho and its a great game.

Netherwind likes this.