1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sekiro Shadows die Twice

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Honestly, you guys scare me.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    No don't need to be scared :D, but that ape man!!! arhhhhhhhhhh…. you will see why! :D

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    I guess there's no statistic that would tell you how many times you died in Sekiro? I want to lead at something at least :D
    Talking about 100 attack power builds... I don't even know how to get to... 2. :D

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Only big bosses drop memory so you can get more attack.

Finished the game yesterday. Easiest boss for me, currupted monk (not the fake one). It has 3 deathblows needed and you can easily get 2 in the 1st 30 seconds of the fight. If you want to know how let me know :p didnt see anyone in any guides mentioned that, cos you need to be really quick or its not getting triggered. :D

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Yeah I figured so, but I didn't even play through my first memory yet, the second mini boss with the spear in there with 2 deathblow limit is the one that killed me 20 times :D

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    If we are talking about attack power then...

There is a mask you can get, has 3 parts and you can have it in the last stage of the game. With it you can increase attack using skill points :D

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Man some of you guys are simply blasting through out the game... I´m still in the early stages because i like to take my time when playing a great game, this way i can enjoy it more.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah that's a good tactic, taking it slow and enjoying the game for a long period of time. Thing is, I can't help myself!!! :D and the fact that there aren't many (or not at all) great games out there, when I get my hands on a gem, then I must rip through it !!! :D LOL just like when i was a child, and in my native country chocolate was a rarity, when my mother got me some, I couldn't stop until I ate it all :D

9. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    the 1st "dream" or "flashback" I like to call it leads to Lady Butterfly. While the area has low lvl enemies, the boss is very difficult and the whole lvl is optional. I recommend lvling up in other places 1st and going back later, it can be very frustrating at low lvl.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    My first playthrou was slow, i got lost a ton, explored a ton, and died a ton, still did not find everything, i missed the rice line, well after the first at the temple i never went back and got more rice because you do not NEED it to get the other piece, and i think i just sort of ended up there at one point play one, but the kite thing? well that is so obtuse and the game will not let you grapple kites at all until you give rice to the woman, even on NG+ when you keep "everything" else kites are locked off, story reasons i guess. i missed one upgrade and one mask piece, and the one optional boss, and got the 2nd "good" but bittersweet ending.

2nds been way faster because i knew the map better, i knew the shortcuts, i used some guides to find the upgrade i missed, i used a guide to make sure i got the good cannon ending that 100% sets up a sequel, And i stayed here farming some, looking for any shortcuts i missed and playing with mods, probably will start game 3 when i satisfied that i gleamed every secret i can out of the game.

11. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Welp my save game is corrupted so all progress is lost :(

Fortunately I've already beaten the final boss, I'd be so mad if it happened when I hadn't finished. Still sucks tho because I didn't get around to
    killing the demon of hatred
    and I also wanted to do ng+ instead of starting over fresh. I tried this but it didn't work for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/b5rkzx/fix_save_data_failed_sekiro_the_save_data_is/

I guess this is kind of a PSA to take a backup of your save file since apparently the devs didn't bother to do it

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    why backup when you have Steam cloud ?

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Cloud save is corrupt as well, I tried loading it on another machine and same thing

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It's misconfigured on the backend and might not be working reliably. :)

EDIT: There.
    https://steamdb.info/app/814380/ufs/

A 19.07 MB quota and then I think there was something with the data for the save file but I might have to check the forums again for specifics.

And Dark Souls 3
    https://steamdb.info/app/374320/ufs/

(A 93.13 GB quota.)

EDIT: Or you get a ~20 MB partial and yeah = corruption and it might go both ways unless you engineer a sync conflict and force flush the thing.
    If it even syncs at all depending on how it's set up and tries to get for files and their size.

EDIT: Well not finding that guide now but essentially setting up a intentional mismatch between local and cloud and forcing Steam to report a cloud conflict issue and only then do you get the dialogue box for emptying the cloud storage, syncind from cloud or syncing from local whereas this would be nice as a general option without going all "LET'S FORCE A CLOUD SYNC CONFLICT!" on the client and using it as a impromptu cleanup though of course only after you've manually backed up the save and profile data because you don't likely want to delete it entirely if it can be avoided. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Duke Nil and cerebus23 like this.
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hahahaha

me i like the ash sekiro mod with red scarf also using the mortal blade always mod.

17. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    Demon of Hate, what a grind that was, glad this is over. holy cow.

Duke Nil and cerebus23 like this.
  18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I've missed him somehow in my first playthrough. What do you have to do to fight him?

19. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    from the ashina castel rooftop, track back to the battlefield with the corpses and the horseback boss, after you aquire the dragon's tear.

serbicu likes this.
  20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Thx! :D

Geryboy likes this.