Secret World FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Waysoflife88, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Waysoflife88

Waysoflife88 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670 FTW 2GB
    I'm not sure if its a game issue, driver issue, Video card issue, or SLI issue.

I have Motion blur, SSAO, FXAA, Tesselation off and lowered most of my advanced settings i dont need like vegetation and world detail.

My Framerate goes up and down like a rollercoater; within about 30 seconds i can go from 33fps to 17fps to 77fps. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Using 304.79 drivers, but have tried all the others and the 301 driver.
    have same problem with SLI off (except it goes from 30ish to 17 instead of 60's-70fps)

I like the game, and play it with a few friends, but they aren't on 1080 resolution so they dont have the problem. (Would a 670 256-bit fix the problem?)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
    i expect this game to go free-to-play within 6 months. played it i think 3 weeks ago during their free trial weekend. it was kinda fun but didnt hook me. btw, i had no performance issues. not exactly sure what's causing inconsistent framerates you're having.

3. Waysoflife88

GPU:
    Geforce 670 FTW 2GB
    I'm thinking its the fact that my 550TI's are 192-bit and only 1GB. I went ahead and ordered the EVGA 670 FTW (2GB + 256-Bit). Hopefully that fixes my problems. I heard it would be free to play as-well. If i didnt have 6 other friends in my shop that played it i wouldn't be playing either. Im sure we'll find another game to play in a few weeks when we get bored of this one.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    gw2 will be all you need. tsw is awful really. hope that gtx 670 world good for you.

5. Waysoflife88

GPU:
    Geforce 670 FTW 2GB
    Yeah I keep hearing good things about gw2. Didnt like the first one but i guess its been like 8 years since then so....lol ill look into it.

Hardware side looks good, we'll see how the driver side works out.