Sean Pelletier makes a mysterious return to NVIDIA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well, that didn't take long. It was merely last month that we reported that a key figure within NVIDIA, Sean Pelletier had left his position as Senior Technical Marketing Manager for Windows, Window...

Sean Pelletier makes a mysterious return to NVIDIA

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No compete clause or something?

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Nvidia probably offered him more money to stay.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  4. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Or it was planned to steal some tech or something like that =]

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Maybe hes secretly their driver dev aswell, needed him back to fix all the rubbish driver issues of late.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Or maybe he just simply regretted his choice and noticed that AMD is a completely different company opposed to NVIDIA ?

You guys are soooo filled with conspiracy theory's ::nerd:

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Your probably right, but we do love a bit of controversy.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No, we're realistic :p

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Maybe he have passion for his green shirt...; Maybe the green team made him an offer he couldnĀ“t refuse. Also he can be an alien that went to AMD to telepathically steal ideas. This is the kind of news that will always raise speculation and nobody is right or wrong.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    via Anandtech

Looks like Enduro (or AMD?) is such a lost cause he went running back to nVidia as fast as he could after the tour of the (leased) HQ.

"What's the deal with the people?" he asked as they rounded it up.

"Oh? Yeah, today's a busy day. We got all hands on deck to really show you our strength..."

"Wait. This is it? At nVidia, this is a team dedicated to something like Shield. This is all the people you have?"

"We had layoffs. I mean, we got three or so people here and we gave 'em big photos to cover their door with, but single hires only go so far to make up for all the people we had to lay off..."

"Yeah, dude. You know what? I forgot something in my car. Man. I'm so sorry. Is this an exit? It is? Oh, great! I'll be right back. I swear. I just... uhm, I forgot my... insulin shot."

"You're diabetic?"

"Weeell, no, not really, but hey I always... uh... carry it around just in case I become that way. Yeah. You wait here. I'll be... uh, right back."

Raja waits. He looks around. He hears rapid footsteps. A car door open. It shuts. Then the car starts up and the engine roars as wheels squeal. The car crashes through the gate and Raja sighs. He walks up to the nearest window and watches the dust cloud from the car's track settle slowly back to the Earth.

"Did he bolt, too?" One of the few non-name people walks up behind him. "I had high hopes he wouldn't..."

"Yeah. Seems like once they always do that. What is it about us that makes them do that? That's the fifth gate this week!"

11. ingeon

ingeon Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-768I
    In our tech industry, industrial espionage is a big reality and definitely
    no conspiracy. People sifting through dustbins and re-assembling shredded
    paperwork sounds like a joke but we`ve caught people doing this a few years ago. Opposition going after key staff happens regularly. There is a reason that there is normally No compete clauses.

But he was probably there just long enough to fish for top level info,
    or maybe they limited his movement at first.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not just any alien - an Ancient Alien!

13. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    I once did the same as him. I left a top mobile network to work for another. When I realised how badly organised they were and that they lacked the vision I was expecting, my previous company welcomed me back with open arms.

Had nothing to do with money, or technology. Just a badly run company.

14. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    In all my life I've never seen a red cup of tea...let's face it, it's green tea.

15. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    money is not panacea... i have refused a work with nearly twice what i earn now, because i would have less free time and i would bother me at work...

yes there is red tea, i drink nearly 1/2 liter a day, it taste good... (but right now i still preffer NVidia lol).

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    While I'm not going to form a conspiracy, I am interested to know what exactly he didn't like about AMD. If it were an Intel employee switching to AMD, I would completely understand - that's like going from Hollywood to an average suburb. While Nvidia has more money than AMD, they're not exponentially more wealthy, and both brands are pretty close in performance for GPUs.

Either way, I wonder if the Nvidia employees would be so welcoming to see this guy come back.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    He wanted to be in the winning team? Probably, that and more cash, NVIDIA can afford it.

18. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Marketing Manager* well doesn't matter to me just marketing nothing to do with the end product just someone/division to convince us to buy something

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's hard to make an end product when your product doesn't sell because you have a ****ty marketing department.

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    A pure diplomatic answer. The real reason/s will probably stay known only for him and his family to know. :p

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013