Screenshot tool capturing Corsair iCUE software.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Kol12, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3
    I have a whole ton of Corsair iCUE software screen captures in my MSI Afterburner screen capture folder. It appears like each time I use the screen capture shortcut (normally in game) it is capturing iCUE as well. I thought I excluded iCUE from the OSD but maybe I don't have this set up correctly?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You've not excluded it properly.

3. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3
    Would you mind telling me how to do it properly?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Corsair iCUE has a ton of little services and helper executable files. If you open Rivatuner and hold shift when adding a profile if I'm not completely mis-remembering the key then it should instead bring up a list of running software.
    You'll probably want exclusions for any and every Corsair like .exe in that list. :)

iCUE.exe
    CorsairOsdLauncher.exe
    CorsairOsdHelper.x64.exe
    CorsairOsdHelper.exe

To begin with and if there are others add profiles for these too and exclude them from being monitored by RTSS. :)

EDIT: Although what support I can offer is a bit limited since I find iCUE to have become horrible and pretty bloated, they keep fixing bugs but keep breaking other stuff or re-introducing issues so unless absolutely required depending on what hardware you have I "solved" the issue by simply flashing the basics onto the mouse and keyboard firmware memory and keeping iCUE in a shut down state aside from the occasional software update for the firmware update and the root driver functionality.
    (Has it's own set of issues but this isn't the topic for that, find what's running and add exclusions for these by setting the hook level to nothing for these programs.)

So yeah bit limited but the above should be a starter for the main exe, OSD launcher program and it's two helper injectors for 32 and 64 bit respectively which you'll probably need to exclude both from being hooked by RTSS. :)

5. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3
    @JonasBeckman

Thanks. Shift+add does bring up the list of running processes. Question though - once it is added as a profile how exactly do you make the exclusion? Is it by turning On Screen Display support off or somehow else?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yes that should be it, off instead of low or higher and it should exclude the process from being hooked into from then on.
    Depending on if it's running restarting RTSS or iCUE might be required but just using the screenshot key should show if it it's still getting iCUE*.exe in the folder where you store these after this adjustment. :)

7. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 4GB
    In RTSS settings:

Normally, just pressing "Add" allows you to specify the .exe filename to create a profile for it. (Folder is ignored.)

Pressing Ctrl+"Add" lists all running 3D applications, and will create profiles with global settings, allowing you to customize them.

Pressing Shift+"Add" lists all running 3D applications, and will create profiles with global settings, but with detection level set to "none" - meaning the exclusion is made by default.

8. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3
    Well strangely I've had iCUE.exe set up as an exclusion for some time now but iCUE screen captures continue to show up in the screenshot output folder from time to time. I'm wondering if there is a hidden Corsair service responsible for this?

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You've got ALL required info above, read it slowly and follow the suggestions.